Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just purchased a Kia Cee'd 3 today and im trying to connect my iPhone to the bluetooth.

Problem I am having is that when I am in the set up menu it is asking for a pin number.

My iPhone does not have a pin number for bluetooth.

Can anyone please advise??? I have checked the manual and there is no mention of blue tooth. Not sure if they have missed a booklet in the hand over.

Thanks

Claire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just enter 0000 then it should be fine!

I picked up my Cee'd SW (2) 1.6CRDi on Friday! Its really fantastic to drive and all the features are working well! I was driving a Toyota Verso 2.2 D4D before and the Kia feels so much more responsive. The clutch is light as a feather, the clutchpedalon the verso was really heavy in comparison. The ISG is working well. Also to say i have just filled it up with diesel i am getting great fuel economy already as compared to the Verso!

I have put 600KM on the clock already and its only Monday!
Edited by: jca142

·
Registered
35 Posts
I find the menu for Bluetooth (BT) in the Cee'dreally counter-intuitive, but the idea is that your phone is normally hidden on the Bluetooth network.
To pair the phone to the handset (i.e. car) you have to tell the phone to annouce itself on the network, i.e. make it discoverable. This will be in a setting on the phone in the Bluetooth menu. Normally you can set it to discoverable.
However, if you forget to make it NOT discoverable when you have finished, other people can theoretically see your phone.
How can we stop other people seeing your phone?
1) Make the phone NON discoverable after a short period of time, a few minutes perhaps. (You will probably see a phone menu setting for this, which is why I mention it.)
2) Make new devices which might be trying to talk to your phone enter the correct 4-digit PIN code. This is the code you are having trouble with.

So, set your phone to discoverable (or discoverable for 1 minute, if you have such a setting) and then (before your phone goes back to non-discoverable) use the horribly counter-intuitive menu in the Cee'd stereo to pair to the phone.

Your phone will have a PIN number, which as the previous poster said is normally 0000, but might be 9999 or 1234 etc. The car has a menu setting, which defaults to 0000 and hopefully you can pair the car to the phone. The Cee'd user manual is very good, in this area so as long as you can get your phone into the right state it should work fine.

Just remember to make sure your phone is non-discoverable once you have finished. In non-discoverable mode it is still "paired with" the car and will automatically connect when the car ignition is on.

I hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts