Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Bluetooth and SOT on KX3 problems

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Pete at TH 
#1 ·
I have just bought a new Soronto KX-3. It is a fine car but it has no bluetooth connection (a silly Kia oversite on a £30,000 car) or Sat Nav for that matter. I was assured that I could install my Parrot CK3200 in the car. However this is not possible because a SOT (sound on top) cable is not available which is needed because the KX-3 has an amplifer built in and it means that the radio cannot be muted when an incoming call is taken.
My dealer has taken up the matter with Kia who basically say tough luck - Parrot is not our product. Very unhelpful but and it also means that no make of bluetooth handsfree unit can be installed in a Sorento KX-3. Has anybody got any ideas and, Kia, waken up your ideas and start trying to help purchasers of your new £30,000 non- bluetooth equiped car?!

#3 ·
It does amaze me that car manufactures do not use forum like this one, to find out what existing owners of their cars and futurecustomers would like fitting as standard.
I would have thought it was such a cheap tool to employ, at the design and marketing stage.

Ill get of my soap box now andback to you.

Bob.

#6 ·
Doug,

Thanks for that I'll give it a try. I haven't looked on the Parrot site recently but is it clear this cable is for the 2010 Sorento KX3 because I believe the problem only applies to that model as it is the only one with a stand-alone amp which is located under the passenger front seat.

Pete

#7 ·
Pete

Yes this is for the KX3 with theAmericanAffinity amp. I emailed Parrot technical as I have the LS3200 colour and was passed to Expansys which are thecompanythat source the cables for Parrot.

Thecable that he says is for this amp is the same as in the Kia Carnival & Sonata (not sold in this country) Their are only 2 cables left which are in theFrenchwarehouseThe cost is £14 plus £2.50 postage with a 5 daydelivery.

Regards

Doug

#15 ·
Pete Just had a lead fitted to-day that solves the problem!!! The lead was a test lead from Kram and works fine once they get the pictures of the installation and theirquestionnaireback the lead should be available forgeneralrelease. there are 3 parts the main lead ,a mute box and an extension cable to run to the amplifier under the front seat.not sure of the cost as they have been kind enough to let me have the cable free as they needed a production car to test the lead on.I have a photo of the wiring loom supplied but don't seem to be able to attach photos on this forum.
regards
Doug

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.