Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Vendor
28 Posts
European and Australian model 1.0 T-GDIs are the same spec. This tends to be the same for most cars nowadays. Prior to 2006 lots of Australian vehicles were de-rated for lower Australian fuel quality.

In 2006/2007 Australian and European fuel quality was harmonised, so other than for marketing reasons, there hasn't been any reason to have different specs between the regions.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It was observed with the Powerbox from Portugal that the connectors on the sensors were different from their version to ours. Now that I have your fitting instructions, I will check out what connections I have and compare to your version.

·
Vendor
28 Posts
It was observed with the Powerbox from Portugal that the connectors on the sensors were different from their version to ours. Now that I have your fitting instructions, I will check out what connections I have and compare to your version.
There is every possibility that the box from Portugal didn't have the right connections for Portugal either.

Please do let us know. I'm pretty confident they are the same, but it is always good to get more confirmation.

·
Vendor
28 Posts
The discount code KIACLUB10 on their website comes back as not valid.
I have double checked and it is now definitely working.

It would also be nice if the fitting video was available or at least images of a good place to put the unit.
We will have a fitting video out soon, we have the footage, it is just still in the queue to get edited down. I will post a link on here when it is done.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldn't go for a plug in box.
I don't mind a generic remap, like Superchips OBD Bluefin, as I don't feel the need for a custom map.
But plug in boxes....nah....

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts