Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
835 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade @[email protected] :rolleyes: and I love tuning gadgets, but i think you should make it clear that fitting any device like this can invalidate manufacturers warranty. Given our Kia's come with a 7 year warranty owner's buying these devices should do so with their eyes open.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
835 Posts
The device changes nothing permanently and leaves no trace on the ECU.
Some disagree with this statement, I may be wrong but I suspect that some of the Bluespark power gain is achieved by boosting the fuel rail pressure and this is likely to be recorded within the ECU. I agree that under normal circumstances the dealer wouldn't look at this but if there were to be a large warranty claim manufacturers are well aware of these products and may ask the dealer to give them a full dump of the ECU data which would also show up any other standard parameters that have been overridden.

As I said before I'm not trying to rain on your parade I just think people should take the warranty issue into consideration.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
835 Posts
If you have paid for a service plan, it sounds very much like an unfair contract term not to provide the service paid for.
Arguably warranty is given and not purchased but either way the provider of warranty is free to stipulate the terms under which they provide said warranty, one is that the vehicle is maintained in the manor stipulated by the manufacturer and only genuine parts are used which seems fair. So it also seems fair that manufactures should exclude any changes made to the car which includes changes to the way the engine operates. These contract terms seem completely fair to me.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
835 Posts
There is a lot of confusion regarding this between a piggyback device and a flash map. Where this device differes from a flash map, ECU data is not overwritten. Logged parameters are also not shown higher than stock, if the ECU did see paramaters higher than stock, it would either throw an error or simply trim back values to get back to stock power output.

As a result, you can pull a log from the ECU and everything looks within normal bounds.
I 'hear what you say' but I would not be prepared to take the risk myself.

It is very easy to make sweeping claims that your product will not leave a trace but I do not believe that Bluespark have enough knowledge of every manufacturers ECU to make that claim, furthermore there are many reports of similar devices (not from Bluespark I'm sure) on occasion putting cars into Limp mode precisely because they have exceeded a parameters limits. It is one thing to fool the cars systems to say boost the fuel rail pressure but it is quite another to manipulate the actual reading that the fuel rail reports back to the ECU, are you quite certain that your systems does this? Given that the ECU also records all manor or other data that is a consequence of the power boost are you saying that Bluesparks tuning box also manipulates all of these as well.

This is why although you can quickly remove the physical evidence of a tuning box I think a manufacturer can see the evidence if they look hard enough.

1 - 4 of 7 Posts