Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Titanium Silver Kia Picanto GT-Line S 1.0 TGDI
31 Posts
I have had the Bluespark box in my 1.0 TGDI now for almost 15,000 miles.
Had no problem what so ever.
Tried settings C,D & E.
I do prefer the low down power delivery with the box on. On my commute to work I am getting about 300 miles to a tank.
I use the ZX1 metal treatment in my engine every 10,000 miles. If it's good enough for the engine builder Allen Millyard then it's good enough for me.
Also I have been using 50ML of Miller's Ecomax Petrol Additive/octane booster.
This stuff really works.
I tend to run Shell V Power or 97 Octane from Sainsbury's.
Also look at the almost full jam jar of gunk my sealed oil catch can has caught over 10,000 miles.
I checked my throttle body the other day it is certainly more cleaner.
In my opinion I would say it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the technical info on the new 1.0 TGDI engine.
That is a big bonus having port injection as well as direct injection.

I believe Toyota have gone to port injection control as well as direct injection.

I have a 2019 Picanto 1.0 TGDi with your box on. Been pleased with it.

The oil catch cans I have fitted are certainly doing there job of preventing/minimising carbon build up on the intake valves.

I might consider the 2021 Picanto 1.0 TGDI model onwards in the near future, either that or a I20N!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bluespark Tuning Box now installed.. Still running it on the factory "C" setting and must say, I am impressed with the overall feel of the car.

It seemed to take about 100 Km to settle in, which surprised me initially. Might simply be the ECU had to also adapt to the switch from 91 RON up to 98 RON fuel. The car performs well and is heaps more usable at even lower RPM than before. Previously 70 KPH was minimum speed for 5th gear, now more like 60 KPH is manageable. Nothing is brutal about the tune, it just achieves good results across the entire rev range and is smooth and quicker overall.

Fuel economy in city driving seems still excellent, possibly due to the increased torque and use of lower revs. Fuel economy is noticeable better on really short trips, where consumption was previously surprisingly high, (just for first few Km, till motor warmed up).

Took me about an hour to install, as I took some time to find a way to feed boost cable with it two plugs down to lower connector. Eventually I used a poly tube to find clear route and then taped boost cable to that, and it pulled down and through. Second time round I am sure it will be easier.

I look forward to trying settings "D" and "E" in the next few weeks.
Well done Dave. Enjoy it....Good to hear positive feedback for the 21 MY onwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts