Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At long last we now have a plug and play tuning box option available for the latest 1.0 T-GDi engines.

These have been significantly delayed as the new connectors used cannot be purchased outside of the KIA/Hyundai group, requiring us to design and produce our own MAP sensor connectors.

Getting fantastic results in testing of 144hp and 224Nm there is a dyno video here:

Installation is quite straightforward and can easily be done at home. The install video here shows the process:

There are also pdf instructions here: https://bluesparkautomotive.com/instructionfiles/811.pdf

The units are available here at a cost of £184.99: KIA Picanto 1.0 T-GDi 2021+ 100PS - Pro Petrol Turbo Tuning Module

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
402 Posts
Couple of people are talking about the 1.5T in the Ceed and ProCeed - any thoughts on a box for that as the maps look interesting on this?

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple of people are talking about the 1.5T in the Ceed and ProCeed - any thoughts on a box for that as the maps look interesting on this?
The 1.5 T-GDi is another engine we are very interested in covering. If anyone has one and is in North East of England or willing to travel I'm sure we could do them a bit of a deal.

I suspect that gains for the 1.5 T-GDI will also be excellent.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
402 Posts
The 1.5 T-GDi is another engine we are very interested in covering. If anyone has one and is in North East of England or willing to travel I'm sure we could do them a bit of a deal.

I suspect that gains for the 1.5 T-GDI will also be excellent.
You are a long way from home unfortunately, 300 odd miles :(.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
775 Posts
I don't want to rain on your parade @[email protected] :rolleyes: and I love tuning gadgets, but i think you should make it clear that fitting any device like this can invalidate manufacturers warranty. Given our Kia's come with a 7 year warranty owner's buying these devices should do so with their eyes open.

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want to rain on your parade @[email protected] :rolleyes: and I love tuning gadgets, but i think you should make it clear that fitting any device like this can invalidate manufacturers warranty. Given our Kia's come with a 7 year warranty owner's buying these devices should do so with their eyes open.
The device changes nothing permanently and leaves no trace on the ECU. If you were to take the car back to the dealer with the device fitted, yes the dealership could have an issue with it. As it can be installed and removed in 10-15mins, personally I'd say its always just worth removing it completely prior to visiting the dealer.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
AND Service Plan if you have one

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The device changes nothing permanently and leaves no trace on the ECU. If you were to take the car back to the dealer with the device fitted, yes the dealership could have an issue with it. As it can be installed and removed in 10-15mins, personally I'd say its always just worth removing it completely prior to visiting the dealer.
That sounds kind of fraudulent to me

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sounds kind of fraudulent to me
If you have paid for a service plan, it sounds very much like an unfair contract term not to provide the service paid for.

There isn't a logical justification as to why they wouldn't provide services you have paid for, regardless of if you had modified it.

I suspect that this is a catch all term, to make sure they aren't agreeing to cover the service requirements of vehicles that have been heavily modified for motorsport use.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The people who sell these devices worry me.

The people who buy these devices worry me.

Why? If they are prepared to lie to a KIA dealer about the fact that it is, or has been, installed in their car, then it's very likely that they will lie to their insurer about the performance alteration.

Reactions: Drwho2 and Alanw47

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
775 Posts
The device changes nothing permanently and leaves no trace on the ECU.
Some disagree with this statement, I may be wrong but I suspect that some of the Bluespark power gain is achieved by boosting the fuel rail pressure and this is likely to be recorded within the ECU. I agree that under normal circumstances the dealer wouldn't look at this but if there were to be a large warranty claim manufacturers are well aware of these products and may ask the dealer to give them a full dump of the ECU data which would also show up any other standard parameters that have been overridden.

As I said before I'm not trying to rain on your parade I just think people should take the warranty issue into consideration.

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why? If they are prepared to lie to a KIA dealer about the fact that it is, or has been, installed in their car, then it's very likely that they will lie to their insurer about the performance alteration.
We wouldn't ever advise anyone not to tell their insurer about a modification, and all of our vehicles are fully insured with everything declared.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If you were to take the car back to the dealer with the device fitted, yes the dealership could have an issue with it. As it can be installed and removed in 10-15mins, personally I'd say its always just worth removing it completely prior to visiting the dealer.
I'm not sure that we should be allowing the advertisement of performance enhancement modifications in this forum. Perhaps the moderation team could consider this?

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some disagree with this statement, I may be wrong but I suspect that some of the Bluespark power gain is achieved by boosting the fuel rail pressure and this is likely to be recorded within the ECU. I agree that under normal circumstances the dealer wouldn't look at this but if there were to be a large warranty claim manufacturers are well aware of these products and may ask the dealer to give them a full dump of the ECU data which would also show up any other standard parameters that have been overridden.
There is a lot of confusion regarding this between a piggyback device and a flash map. Where this device differes from a flash map, ECU data is not overwritten. Logged parameters are also not shown higher than stock, if the ECU did see paramaters higher than stock, it would either throw an error or simply trim back values to get back to stock power output.

As a result, you can pull a log from the ECU and everything looks within normal bounds.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
775 Posts
If you have paid for a service plan, it sounds very much like an unfair contract term not to provide the service paid for.
Arguably warranty is given and not purchased but either way the provider of warranty is free to stipulate the terms under which they provide said warranty, one is that the vehicle is maintained in the manor stipulated by the manufacturer and only genuine parts are used which seems fair. So it also seems fair that manufactures should exclude any changes made to the car which includes changes to the way the engine operates. These contract terms seem completely fair to me.

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Arguably warranty is given and not purchased but either way the provider of warranty is free to stipulate the terms under which they provide said warranty, one is that the vehicle is maintained in the manor stipulated by the manufacturer and only genuine parts are used which seems fair. So it also seems fair that manufactures should exclude any changes made to the car which includes changes to the way the engine operates. These contract terms seem completely fair to me.
I was referring to the service plan as mentioned, rather than the warranty.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

There isn't a logical justification as to why they wouldn't provide services you have paid for, regardless of if you had modified it.

I suspect that this is a catch all term, to make sure they aren't agreeing to cover the service requirements of vehicles that have been heavily modified for motorsport use.
As the vendor I can understand why you would say that, but, personally, I don't think there is anything unfair about it in the Ts and Cs. And to remove it before the car goes back to the dealership for Service/Repair is a deliberate ploy to hide it's use, which I feel is fraudulent. We could debate this all day and not agree, I just hope that nobody ever has their warranty and/or Service Plan invalidated for using one of these devices. As @macgd016 said, people just need to purchase one with their eyes open and it is up to them whether they choose to try and deceive Kia or not.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts