Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has any one had a blown head gasket on a 2.9 td Sedona if so how much did it cost to get it fixed or how long to do it yourself (thats if its possible and cost) symptoms are low power oil in the water, oil light came on and it was starting to miss fire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, not done a gasket but my old kia sedona 01 plate put oil in the water,turned out to nothing more than than 2 o rings in the oil cooler! but if your loosing power could be the gasket.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi
Am having head gasket,cylinder head, water pump, timing belt, oil filter changed at the moment. Boughtn gasket set off e bay £47 +vat and post.( Was qouted upto £188)
Gasket is from shop site "The Gasket Shop" will check my old e bay info and post here. As for time I have a mechenic 25 miles away who is doing this work 'when he can' been without car now for 5 weeks. Have been informed if know what you doing about two days but then ther is pressure testing and possible head skimming.
Steve G Blackpool

·
Registered
390 Posts
stevegx said:
Hi
Am having head gasket,cylinder head, water pump, timing belt, oil filter changed at the moment. Boughtn gasket set off e bay £47 +vat and post.( Was qouted upto £188)
Gasket is from shop site "The Gasket Shop" will check my old e bay info and post here. As for time I have a mechenic 25 miles away who is doing this work 'when he can' been without car now for 5 weeks. Have been informed if know what you doing about two days but then ther is pressure testing and possible head skimming.
Steve G Blackpool
Have checked e bay history e bay name is shirley9293 £57 + £8.50 postage. This is THE GADGET SHOP 08455 Bolton. The have many types and models for new kia sedona gaskets and it was delivered within 12 hours. They have sold over 42,000 items and have good reputation and feedback. My mechanic would have told me if the gasket was junk.
Have seen quote for 2007 on sedona £1700 for gasket and skim. £400 parts £100 skim £700 labour and then the VAT.
Hope helps but yes get it done the car is worth it. Put you car info on e bay and see how much it would cost to replace. I am £800 - £1000 in pocket after work is done
Steve G

·
Registered
390 Posts
stevegx said:
stevegx said:
Hi
Steve G Blackpool
Have checked e bay history e bay name is shirley9293 £57 + £8.50 postage. This is THE GADGET SHOP 08455 Bolton. The have many types and models for new kia sedona gaskets and it was delivered within 12 hours. They have sold over 42,000 items and have good reputation and feedback. My mechanic would have told me if the gasket was junk.
Have seen quote for 2007 on sedona £1700 for gasket and skim. £400 parts £100 skim £700 labour and then the VAT.
Hope helps but yes get it done the car is worth it. Put you car info on e bay and see how much it would cost to replace. I am £800 - £1000 in pocket after work is done
Steve G

Mob number should be 0845 046565

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. My sedona should be back with me next mon tues. the mechanic is doing a few mor hours tonoght then finishing touches and tests on saturday.
Will be great to have car back.
Love my car, trip to winderemere and the tip too. :O)
Steve Gx

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Thanks for that.
Possibly why I have had to replace headfrom the work the previous owner did. New head has not been skimmed.
Thanks Steve G

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If the head gasket has gone, there may be other problems with the engine, especially if it has overheated. So it may be a better idea to replace the entire engine. On my old car I spent nearly 2k on a new cylinder head and having it fitted, for the piston rings to go only 10,000 miles later! Have a look to see how much it would cost for a good engine out of a scrapped Sedona.
Steve, if you go to "post options" you can edit your posts so you don't have to keep posting new messages for corrections.

·
Registered
390 Posts
M4trundler said:
If the head gasket has gone, there may be other problems with the engine, especially if it has overheated. So it may be a better idea to replace the entire engine. On my old car I spent nearly 2k on a new cylinder head and having it fitted, for the piston rings to go only 10,000 miles later! Have a look to see how much it would cost for a good engine out of a scrapped Sedona.
Steve, if you go to "post options" you can edit your posts so you don't have to keep posting new messages for corrections.
Hi. Thanks but I only noticed the errors after posting.
Steve G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts