Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anybody else had found that there is a bit of a blind spot drivers side espcially when over taking, I thought it was just me but on one of the rare occasions yesterday when the other half was driving she mentioned the same,
I know on some cars they have a split off side mirror to aid with this not so on my K1 what about K2/3?

I amgoing to fit a Meta rear parking system K1'shave no rear aid,

I take it the power out let is same as for rear camera?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I can't say I've noticed any particular blind spots when overtaking. The A pillars areludicrously thick but you soon get the knack of wobbling your head around the car like a demented Indian dancer at every junction to see past them.

Where are the blind spots you are referring to?

Just tap into the reversing light circuit for the parking sensors.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
153 Posts
All cars seem to have a blind spot, even if they have a split mirror. I have never stopped using the "motorcyclist's life saver" - looking over my right shoulder before overtaking.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sid Rumpo said:
All cars seem to have a blind spot, even if they have a split mirror. I have never stopped using the "motorcyclist's life saver" - looking over my right shoulder before overtaking.
Thats what us bikers like to hear. A "THINK BIKE" motorist.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Sid Rumpo said:

I always do the same. I never rely on just mirrors. I learnt the lesson the hard way the day after I passed my test. Changing lanes on the M6, did it by the book... mirror, signal,manoeuvre.Wrong! I narrowly missed sideswiping a Cortina hidden in the blindspot.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Techno A Cortina you must be as old as me!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mylee said:
Sid Rumpo said:
Yes, but some of the idiots on bikes need to "think car" as well

Don't tar us all
I did say "some"! And I certainly don't exclude car drivers from the "idiot" category - the number of people driving on sidelights or without lights in the recent fog...

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
gjs999 said:
Techno -- was it a mk1 cortina fresh from the factory -- then you are OLD ha ha

Ha ha hardy ha!It was August 1979 and I was driving my mum's Austin Maxi.

This was number one at the time...

[TUBE]BMu-zUKEscg&feature=related[/TUBE]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
many thanks for the replys my age is more austin A40 a cortina was new stuff to me.

yes perhaps the pillars are a bit thick and I do sit well back from the wheel,
I will make a point of doing a tripple takein all mirrors befores & m.

rochester is my area so I will keep an eye out for MYLEE especially on the A2 "think bike" will do.

techno thanks parking wire tip

·
Registered
55 Posts
Notwold,Mrs Mylee drives it all the time and working in London she goes on a coach everyday, so the Sporage gets a 5/7 days off a week!!! And I'm rarely on the A2 anymore as I work in the other direction!
I have noticed a few more around Medway recently.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Blindspot is bad regardless of the pilar size. Just ordered the new Rio for the wife and its pilars are pretty thick. Might get one of those little blind spot mirrors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mylee
almost snap, Mrs N coaches it to london daily uses K1 weekends and I have just recently started going in the other directionvia medway tunnel, but an old two wheel war wound keeps me 4 on the floor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HGF69
I am going to take a look at blind spot mirrors there are 2 types oblong or round will do a bit of surfing to see which is best.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah was thinking it needs to be one that doesn't get affected when folding in the mirrors

1 - 18 of 18 Posts