Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They, i think forgot to order my car, they then did not apologise and made up some daft story and carried on giving me supply dates that in the same conversation contradicted, did not seem to care. cancelled order due to their attitude, went to Tates in Brighton, who appeared okay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I must also report/support how incompetent this dealer is. Having had a service, a minor repair and mot which for no logical reason took 2 days. I then stupidly returned the car as the repair was ineffective after just 4 weeks. The possible works needed to correctly remedy the fault were discussed on check in but because I was not immediately available when they phoned they repeated the ineffective repair (and charged again).

Apparently customers have to be available at their convenience ignoring the fact I then had to phone twice and it took 3 hours to contact the service department. When I collected the car it took approximately 30 minutes to be attended to with other customers clearly known to the staff being given priority.

This was reported to Kia for future monitoring who then phoned me despite being told not to, informing they had discussed the matter with Birchwood (again with out consulting me - good old data protection) and stated they had no control over their dealerships.

The simple summary is you decide if you wish to risk using this dealer.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
They must have changed radically as we had a very good experience buying our new Sportage from them.Even given the keys and told to take a test drive in F D's own car and no salesman blathering in our ear. All questions (sensible and stupid) answered fairly and honestly and discussion about best payment options thoroughly explained.
Head and shoulders over other dealers, although their Ford outlet were also very good, just that a Kuga to similar spec way too high on price.
car arrived on transporter while we were finalising registration transfer etc and collected two days later after side steps fitted, plus £30 of diesel.
They are the sort of details that seal a deal, being trusted, able to ask extensive questions and comparing rivals good and bad points and never being talked down to.

Have no experience yet of Service Dept but expect same high standards!!

So, totally different buying experience form those two 2011 reviews, things must have been totally shaken up and fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iv just had a new sportage from birchwood. Was happy with the sale and the way they went about it. Did not wait to long. Although I think I lucked out with the wrong salesman there, they all roll there eyes when I mention his name! Sadly I did have some problems after sale. I discovered a double dent in the roof like a week after I took the car. I was having new roof bars fitted by them at a reasonable price the same day and I pointed out the dent on pick up. I have to say they were brilliant! They could not have been more sorry, and offered to sort the dent out. It was booked in the next week and they spent alot of money getting "dent devil" to come do it. When I picked the car up the dent was gone amazing. But unfortunately the guy that done the job had to come from the bottom aka roof lining out/lowered! When I inspected the car I was horrified but all the finger marks and screwdriver scratches on the plastic covers ect. There was this black sticky substance on the roof lining... Was not good. But again, birchwood were very opologetic and ordered me a new plastic cover and spunt over an hour fitting it.... Having to remove seats to get to seat belt ankor point allowing the belt to feed through the new plastic panels slot. I picked the car up, and although not perfect they really did go out of there way to keep me happy. When I got home I popped the door seal back in properly and cleaned up a little more mess but glad it's done now. I think as I was waiting with my 3 year old they tried to speed it up.
As for the dent, I believe it was done by there valeting company, they put a ceramic coat on, I believe they lent on the roof. Car is great though and happy with this dealer.
Ps Ford kuga was my first choice but sales man and price put me off!

·
Registered
20 Posts
when i was looking at the 2011 venga i have now ,One thing i did was check on previous mots . you can do this on dvla check mot website. I was amazed how many mots it had failed on silly things like nails in tyre, wiper blades not clearing screen. All these things are part of my weekly check as well as oil water etc.Six months ago i had two tyres on the front changed Again after paying for them i did a check of them before i left the depot. As to kwikfit etc i havent been near those since they stripped the thread on the sump plug and just nipped it up so it held , luck was with me when i noticed a drip of oil from the sump a week later. Needless to say i didnt take it back there.No Warranty left means i can use a very good independent garage ive used for years.Steer well clear of main dealers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My main gripe with this dealership is the overcrowded and haphazard parking. Whenever I visit I rarely find a space which necessitates a half mile + walk because the whole industrial estate is so busy.. I'm going to try Baldocks Kia in Wivelsfield for my next service, any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
Ah my old stomping ground. When I lived there, that was just waste land :)

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
My main gripe with this dealership is the overcrowded and haphazard parking. Whenever I visit I rarely find a space which necessitates a half mile + walk because the whole industrial estate is so busy.. I'm going to try Baldocks Kia in Wivelsfield for my next service, any recommendations?
Their branch at Washington, on the A24, has this crowding problem too. Birchwood own the motorcycle dealership right next door and always have so many two-wheelers parked all over the shop that access to the workshops can be a real squeeze sometimes. BUT, this is the only problem I've had in 8 years of dealing with them. In all other they have been excellent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts