Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried running the Sorento on Biodiesel? If in fact you can get any Biodiesel these days. With fuel prices being what they are I am looking at trying to reduce costs.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Has anyone tried running the Sorento on Biodiesel? If in fact you can get any Biodiesel these days.
That's a good question, 'Crickleymal'.

I haven't heard much about the concoction recently so I had a quick stab at the word using my search engine.

Although I don't know how old this web page is - didn't fact-check - it may lead you towards the information you require:

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Is the risk worthwhile in order to save a few pounds? After taking into consideration depreciation, insurance, maintenance and other costs what is the proportion of your annual running costs?

I remember my boss saying "Can you cut down your mileage, petrol is going up to £1 a gallon!" I was doing over 1,000 miles a week.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I know on other older engines it used to partly depend on which make of fuel inj pump was fitted to the engine - if Bosch it was generally ok - if Lucas it was a no no.
How cars would fare now we have more emission control stuff and DPF's - I suspect not very well,you certainly would not want to gum up a DPF.
Please note - I am not au fait with your Sorento Engine and systems.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know on other older engines it used to partly depend on which make of fuel inj pump was fitted to the engine - if Bosch it was generally ok - if Lucas it was a no no.
How cars would fare now we have more emission control stuff and DPF's - I suspect not very well,you certainly would not want to gum up a DPF.
Please note - I am not au fait with your Sorento Engine and systems.
No dpf on these old barges.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good question, 'Crickleymal'.

I haven't heard much about the concoction recently so I had a quick stab at the word using my search engine.

Although I don't know how old this web page is - didn't fact-check - it may lead you towards the information you require:

Good luck.
That link, or rather the link it links to, is no longer active.

·
Registered
'05 Sorento xse auto
828 Posts
'If it ain't broke then it don't need fixin' I think you would do to leave well alone?..if it doesn't work you will cause expensive damage and your sorento will not be viable to repair?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts