Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i'm thinking about upgrading the alloy wheels on my soon to be KX-3, but not sure what size to go for 20" or 22" wheels - any suggestions greatly appreciated

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure why but I'd like to see what it looks like. The wheels on the KX3 look great but there's a lit of break dust just now, no wonder the inner alloy is black.

Have you considered clearance horizontal and vertical? Also not sure hiw this would affect fuel consumption but keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Insurance will need to know plus manufacturers choose the wheel size after much research. Putting bigger wheels on will probably ruin the ride/handling since the tyres will need to have very small sidewalls,bigger is not always better. Do Kia not do any options? if they don't there may be a reason since selling aftermarket accessories is a big earner.

Paul

·
Registered
887 Posts
Kia actually state they won't warrant a sportage with non standard sized wheels on, even if you put kx3 wheels on your sportage 1.. theres a bulletin about it so they are quite adamant.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm sure they did but where did you see this bulletin? Are you a dealer or in the trade?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Don't forget it may also affect your ESP and ABS and whatever else uses wheel speed signals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts