Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Battery

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Krisn 
#1 ·
Hi all my battery is total knackered on my 2014 Kia cee’d gt tech can anyone recommend a good after market battery as I’ve been checking and the ones I get recommend seem to be to big as in length width and height this is the sticker I have on the battery in there at the moment I’m presuming it’s the original i would appreciate any help cheers
Rectangle Triangle Yellow Hazard Font

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yep, I had mine die a couple of years ago (intermittent cell failure). Seems quite common on models from 2014. There is a rumour a dodgy batch were fitted at the factory so you've done well to get this far!

After casting about the internet to look for an after market replacement, I thought I'd have a laugh and see what KIA wanted. I was amazed that an OEM one was actually cheaper for better spec than all the others I'd looked at. IIRC, this new one I fitted had marginally better numbers. Like I said, this was about two years ago so things may have changed, but might be just worth a quick call to your local KIA dealer.

I think I have a photo of the label, I'll post it for you if I can find it.

UPDATE:
No, couldn't find it so went outside and took a picture of it on the car:

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Tree

#4 ·
Be prepared to take the air filter housing out! There's a single 10mm (?) bolt at the front of the battery tray in the knuckle-scuffing 25mm gap between it and the battery. It could get to to it with a socket on an extension but it just wouldn't grip it enough to easily remove it. And of course, being a cold wet night (had to be didn't it?) as it fell out of the socket it almost disappeared into the darkness of the engine bay...

By the way, if you don't maintain the voltage you'll loose the trip computer info, but not the radio stations. I didn't have to do any messing about with the windows or whatever.

#6 ·
Some cars need a procedure to reset or re-calibrate the power windows. I don't understand it really because although I've read about it, I thankfully have never had to do it, on the Proceed or any previous car. There is a bit about it in the table on this page: Kia Cee'd - General information - General Information

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.