Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several discussions about the possible issues when replacing the battery.
here is my experience
car would not start on two occasions after being left on my drive for a week or so. I hunted around and was able to purchase a new battery for £129 including free next day delivery. The battery was a look alike, the original Varta was £145. When the battery arrived it was identical to original except for labels. Most batteries offered as replacements are 60 ah as opposed to the original 70 ah. Sorry to go on about it.
I disconnected the battery on the car, positive first, then negative, slid off battery sleeve and undid clamp on battery tray. I had to ease the large air pipe to one side by releasing the two clips on the filter housing in front of the battery. It was then possible to lift the old battery out and install the new one. I refitted clamp, battery sleeve, and connected the positive terminal first followed by the negative terminal. I refitted the air filter cover.
I started the car and opened all the window right down and powered them up holding each button for 2 seconds as per Kia mamual.
The econometer and trip mileage reset to zero as expected. Everything else was fine, clock kept time, radio kept presets, sat nav kept info and phone connected as usual. Took it for a drive and stop start function worked perfectly, (it had never worked since I had the car at 18 months old)
I hope this helps if anyone else needs to replace their battery as there are a lot of scary stories out there.
Btw I have charged the old battery on the car without disconnecting using a smart charger.

·
Registered
341 Posts
All sound advice thanks, how long did it take once disconnected to the new battery being connected?
Just wondering how long the systems maintain their memories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sound advice thanks, how long did it take once disconnected to the new battery being connected?
Just wondering how long the systems maintain their memories.
Thanks for your comment. The battery was disconnected from the car for 15 minutes maximum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts