Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Battery recall

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Greg Maynard 
#1 ·
Wonder if the recall will affect Kia models?

See less See more
#2 ·
You have to think it will at first glance.

'...Cell failure...' I read somewhere seems a bit vague. I assume the battery is the same in KIAs, and the management software, but perhaps the physical installation in the car is different to the Hyundai? If its a local overheating thing, that might remove the risk.

Bad timing for Hyundai with the global launch of the Ioniq 5 the other day. But they are not alone, seems like most manufacturers are having to recall some of their BEV models for battery problems. I don't think I'll be signing-up before 2025 at the earliest... ;)

#4 ·
Expensive for Hyundai in terms of reputation, even if (I assume) they can claim financially from the dodgy battery manufacturer!

In better news for Hyundai today, nice to see Tiger Woods survived his crash that loaner Genesis.

Reactions: Sad555
#8 ·
#10 ·
On a statistical basis you are more likely to be knocked down by the number 17 bus to Tooting and you don't live in London than your car to suddenly go up in flames.
Its a huge amount of money involved here for such a few cars I'm not saying that this problem should be ignored but there are other problems such as the 3 phase charger which had no airtime whatsoever which is just as dangerous.
Anyway if the battery manufacturer wants to spend this amount of money its up to them, its jut a pity the batteries can't be reused for a power wall, what a waste of resources when the concept of EV's is less pollution and more sustainability to end an ever increasing throw away society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.