Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Yep it's HEV. Strange doesn't go to 100%
Not really. The vehicle is using electric assistance pretty constantly, even when running on petrol. More so around town in stop star traffic but that鈥檚 a car that weighs over two tons with a 1.6 petrol engine, on its own things would get sluggish particularly under acceleration.

Super Moderator
What do you set regan on? Or is it auto only on Sorrento.

Niro will fill the battery to just under full (one mark) on down hills round us. But most of the time mine lives between 3/4 & just under 1/2.

Super Moderator
Auto only sadly. I would love regenerative braking.
If you have a HEV or PHEV you have got regen braking.. It part and parcel of the whole way they work. Only like my Niro I have paddles that allow you to increase regen. Or you can just let the car manage it all itself (y)

When braking or cruising
Whenever you apply the brakes or take your foot off the accelerator pedal, hybrid cars make use of a system called 鈥渟mart regenerative braking鈥. So hybrids do two things: they stop feeding power to the wheels, and use the power of the rotating wheels to recuperate energy while slowing down the car. This produces electricity which again is used to recharge the battery for later use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.