Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I think the battery is going in my key

Has anyone replaced one yet and is it a straight forward replacement I can do myself or do I have to get the dealer to do it (ie will the key need reprogramming)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul

Ive sorted it all ok -

Interesting though I spoke to 3 Kia dealers this morning these were the responces

1 KIA High Wycombe - "You will have to bring the key fob in sir we will fit the battery and reprogram it to your car"

2 KIA Kings Lynne - "Bring it in to us we can fit it for you at no extra cost"

3 KIA Aldershot - " Its no problem sir you need battery part no CR2032 just prize the fob apart and replace the battery no reprogramming needed, try halfords they have probably got them"

He was right they did
and it works just fine now.

Im not happyt about the firstresponce though -Dealers doing it to themselves again

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bob

yes it pays to phone around first.

But it concerns me thatyou getsuch pooradvice from a KIA main dealer.

Goood advice as ever though from Viking Paul

·
Registered
163 Posts
If your Kia Ceed is pre-facelift ~09/59, the battery is a 1620 not a 2032 as I found to my cost by ordering the battery stated herebefore checking myself! That'll teach me! Edited by: oattam09

·
Registered
2 Posts
The keyfob battery on my 2007 Ceed is going so I checked out here which has been very useful, so thanks. To double check the battery type, I opened the case, first leaving a drop of WD40 on the screw, then opened carefully. I took out the old battery, a CR1620, and refitted as have no spare at the moment. Then I tried it back on the car tomake sure that removing a battery didn't upset the eletronics, and all worked fine.
I have now ordered a new Duracell CR1620 from Amazon at £0.95, so when that arrives will change out the old one and expect all to be good again. Will report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The battery arrived from Amazon within two days. I carefully replaced it with the old one and it all works perfectly. An easy 5 minutes job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts