Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked out of my window a few minutes ago and one of the green battery charge indicator lights was flashing. The car is not connected or charging. Am I correct in assuming this may be the main battery charging the 12v battery. I can't find any mention of this in the manual, the index seems to be a little lacking and nowhere near comprehensive enough. I'm pretty sure the battery saver function is enabled.

I've just checked again and the charge indicator light has gone out now. I'm new to this EV business, can I charge the 12v battery with my conventional charger the same as I did with my Mercedes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Page 1-16 Manual " Electric Vehicle Guide"

(OFF) (OFF) Blinking

Charging 12 V
auxiliary battery
or reserved
air conditioner
is operating

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That page reference doesn't tally with my manual, the car is a 2020 E Niro 4

·
Registered
705 Posts
SNAP. Try this :- https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwc.../english/Kia-e-Niro-English-owners-manual.pdf. Right at the beginning of the book. It DOESN'T look anything like this in the manual!!!

Review of electric vehicle.........................................................1-02 Characteristics of electric vehicles.....................................1-02 Battery information............................................................. 1-02 Main components of electric vehicle......................................1-03 High voltage battery (lithium-ion polymer).....................1-04 EV mode......................................................................................1-06 Available range...................................................................... 1-06 Energy information...............................................................1-07 Charge Management............................................................ 1-08 ECO driving............................................................................. 1-10 EV setting...............................................................................1-11 Charge types for electric vehicle............................................ 1-13 Charging information............................................................1-13 Charging time information.................................................. 1-14 Charge indicator lamp for electric vehicle.............................1-16 Charging status information...............................................1-16 Charging connector lock...........................................................1-17 Charging connector AUTO/LOCK mode..............................1-17 Reserved charging.....................................................................1-18 Precautions for charging electric vehicle.............................. 1-19 Charging precautions............................................................1-19 Charging electric vehicle (AC charge).....................................1-21 AC Charge............................................................................... 1-21 Charging electric vehicle (DC charge).....................................1-28 DC Charge ..............................................................................1-28 Charging electric vehicle (trickle charge)...............................1-32 How to Use Trickle Charge...................................................1-32 Trickle charge.........................................................................1-33 Actions to be taken for electric vehicle charging issues.... 1-46 Driving electric vehicle..............................................................1-47 How to start the vehicle...................................................... 1-47 How to stop the vehicle....................................................... 1-47 Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS)................................ 1-48 Distance to empty................................................................ 1-48 Tips for improving distance to empty...............................1-49 Power/Charge Gauge........................................................... 1-50 State of charge (SOC) gauge for high voltage battery.... 1-50 Warning message on LCD display (related to electric vehicle)......................................................................1-51 Warning and Indicator Lights (related to electric vehicle).................................................................................... 1-57 Safety precautions for electric vehicle..................................1-59 If an accident occurs.............................................................1-59 Other Precautions for Electric Vehicle...............................1-60 Service Interlock Connector.................................................1-61 Service plug............................................................................1-61 E

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking the wife for a hospital appointment I was going sit reading the manual, had a message about the battery being depleted, so though stick it in Utlity mode, couldn't find a reference in the manual's index! After wandering around the touch screen I eventually discovered it on the steering wheel controls, things like this should be properly indexed in the manual.

On arriving home I plugged my conventional battery charger on and it showed the Aux battery was 100% so not sure why the warning message on using the touch screen came up so suddenly, surely it should run for a bit without draining it too much.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
It seems that all KIA infotainment units prompt a nag about battery discharge if left on for more than a couple of minutes with engine off.

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
It seems that all KIA infotainment units prompt a nag about battery discharge if left on for more than a couple of minutes with engine off.
But go into accessory mode and they go a lot longer before giving the warning...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts