Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Noticed that my front fog lights, and the rear badge, and get more and more difficult to clean. I can scratch out the dirt and marks (scratch out I mean via a clean cloth and really push hard) but wondering if there is a cleaner that I can use to polish off? The car is sprayed with the Williams (same as supagard) to protect it.

The pictures really show the problem which is more visible due to the flash going off on the camera.

Pro_Ceed 60 plate - CRDi - silver

Edited by: captainoats

·
Registered
536 Posts
My rear badge is the same. I noticed it after a couple of weeks of owning my pro and as of yet haven't found a solution. It's the same reason I removed the ceed & CRDI badges as it was next to impossible cleaning between the lettering

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you put in place of the large Ceed back in the centre of the boot lid then? That must leave a hole! I am going to see someone about it today but surely this is covered under warranty?

·
Registered
536 Posts
No mines the same. I only took off the two badges placed on the body work. The kia badge is still there. With it only being a "dirt" problem..i.e the only help and advise you'll get from kia is to clean it. I doubt it will get changed. The only way i can think of solving the problem is to remove it, clean is as best i can (maybe sugar soap it) and then spray a couple layers of epoxylaquer on top. Dont really want to go that far though if i can help it. You also noticed how dirtingress's the parting lines around the boot handle and around the rear window glass? With the window seal being set back from the edge, its collects dirt and water. I have to rinse all the debris from if and fold a microfiber towel over and slide it between the glass and body. Same goes for the door seals.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This is how I solved the issue

As for the fog lights I`m lucky in that there`s minimal corrosion on mine at the moment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use autoglym tar remover and a toothbrush for the badge and autoglym super resin polish(AG SRP) for the fog surrounds!

Tar remover £6
Polish £10
Shining like a new car, priceless!
:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys i used polish on my previous sports car kit I had (<cite>meguiars) and its all back to lovely shine finish now. I am going to debadge the rear of my car soon as always prefered a car with no badges on it. Will leave the Kia on the rear and looking at a front sports grille on the front so will look lush when done. Rob111gb, don't have a tree in the drive and ALWAYS avoid parking under specific tree/leaf areas when out in public - evil parking bays! lol </cite>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts