Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Wonder if anyone has come across this issue and/or got a fix please. I've got a 70 plate Ceed GT. Whenever I'm on a phone call via Bluetooth, the person I'm speaking to gets a really annoying echo of their own voice. I used to get the same thing way back in my 56 plate Mondeo, but times and technology have moved on a bit since then! I haven't had this problem on any cars over the past ten years.

I've tried reducing the microphone volume/sensitivity in the car but that doesn't make any difference. I've had a look at the settings on my phone (iPhone 11) but can't see anything that would do the trick.

Very grateful for any advice (and apologies if I'm posting something covered in an old thread).

Tim

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,659 Posts
Some suggestions to try;

a) delete the BT pairing with your phone and then repair - it's been suggested that audio settings don't always transfer correctly if the phone SW is updated
b) use the mute button during a call for a couple of seconds then release - reported that this can reset the echo cancellation calibration, downside if it works needs to be done for each call
c) daft as it seems try increasing the car microphone level. Echo cancellation needs to receive some of the 'other end signal' in order to cancel it out of the speech - it is possible that the echo cancellation circuits are ramping up their sensitivity because they cannot 'hear' the incoming audio on the out going signal.
d) apparently there is an iPhone setting which allows switching from BT to internal microphone - try changing that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that - appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'll try your suggestions and see how I get on.

Cheers,

Tim
Hey Tim, did you get anywhere with this?
I have my 70 plate Ceed GT booked into the garage tomorrow, as I was told a software update would fix this.

cheers,

Joey.

·
Registered
13 Posts
has anyone sloved this as its very annoying ?
my proceed is in for its 1st service next week is this something they can sort whilst its in?
thanks..
no suprise dealer blames the handsets..it cant be the handset if it happens on all 3 of them!!!
they have asked me to rebook it in for a reload of software so gonna do that in a few weeks time
ill keep you posted...

·
Super Moderator
3,798 Posts
no suprise dealer blames the handsets..it cant be the handset if it happens on all 3 of them!!!
they have asked me to rebook it in for a reload of software so gonna do that in a few weeks time
ill keep you posted...
Have you tried Radiorails suggestions at post #2 above?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Car was in for its first service today and I mentioned about the echo and thought that there was a software update possibly available.
Collected car and it had been updated with latest software (released in the last week or so apparently for the CEED) which has a new interface. It definitely improves the call quality, with the echo cancelling around 30-60seconds in the call from testing I've done so far. Better than it was before certainly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to speak louder in the tone of your voice ,i had the same problem on my Kia ceed 2018' the interlocutor listened to me intermittently in my voice and when I spoke more slowly he heard me clearly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well i took mine back for an audio system update yesterday...they wanted to charge me £25 for the pleasure as it updates the sat nav aswell....i told them i didnt want the satnav update just the audio update so shouldnt be charged as its a warranty issue,they waived the charge(very good of them)..any way whatever they have updated has now cured the echo and i have as a bonus i have the latest navigation installed...thankyou kia...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.