Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, old kia's never die...they stay sick.. Been on before regarding a kia sedona that wont start. 3 mechanics later and I managed to get it started myself!! It still wont start off the key but drives fine. High presure pump was replaces, it wouldnt start and black smoke when driven..
After a couple of hour under the bonnet, hoses all off and secured properly (found one still disconnected)the black smoke has lessened quite a bit, the odd puff at high revs. No warning lights, filters are new ...still wont start though.. give it a spray in the airbox foot on the accelorator , turn the key runs sweet, no driving issues!!! Still a possible pump issue or injectors? presure is good 1.3!! any ideas, as I am sick of busing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never thought of that... only thing I know is that I've had touble gettin a mechanic to come near it!

·
Registered
399 Posts
murph101 said:
Well, old kia's never die...they stay sick.. Been on before regarding a kia sedona that wont start. 3 mechanics later and I managed to get it started myself!! It still wont start off the key but drives fine. High presure pump was replaces, it wouldnt start and black smoke when driven..
After a couple of hour under the bonnet, hoses all off and secured properly (found one still disconnected)the black smoke has lessened quite a bit, the odd puff at high revs. No warning lights, filters are new ...still wont start though.. give it a spray in the airbox foot on the accelorator , turn the key runs sweet, no driving issues!!! Still a possible pump issue or injectors? presure is good 1.3!! any ideas, as I am sick of busing it.

Hi did you get your vehicle sorted by any chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts