Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have recently bought a 2018 Mk 4 model Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi auto GT-Line Model (AWD). I was under the impression there was a way of manually engaging the AWD system for a 50 / 50 split. However i cannot find a button that does this by the gear shift. is there somewhere else i should be looking or does it not come on this model.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is the button you're looking for. Next to the gear lever. No idea if your particular model has it.
I've got a 2019 1.6 Gdi GT line AWD and it has it.

lock button.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the button you're looking for. Next to the gear lever. No idea if your particular model has it.
I've got a 2019 1.6 Gdi GT line AWD and it has it.

View attachment 6152
Many thanks. I asked the dealer if the button was hidden somewhere but was told my model does not have a AWD lock as its always in AWD.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Many thanks. I asked the dealer if the button was hidden somewhere but was told my model does not have a AWD lock as its always in AWD.
All the AWD models are always in AWD. This gives FWD in normal use and adds RWD when front whell spin is detected. It also adds controlled amounts of RWD under extreme cornering which reduces the tendency for understeer.

The button pictured by loftlyad above locks the transmission into 50/50 front/rear split but will disengage above a critical speed (abouot 20mph IIRC). This can be used on very slippy surfaces but with no diff locks it is of limited value IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts