Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several times now, whilst off road and in the snow, I have had a fault occur with the AWD system.
The traction light comes on and the Downhill Descent light comes on but in red? The fault seems to be gone when you start the car a few hours later.

Has anyone else had this? The car is booked into Kia but I doubt the diagnostics will record a traction control fault.

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting one paul according to the book sounds like the system has developed a fault but could be down to low temp or wet snow in around some sensors on suspension. I was never a fan of too much electrics controling 4wd systems. Seen this last winter with a few 4x4 crossovers when it was -18 to 23, uncle had a nissan x trail and the sensors on the system froze and he tore the side out of it on a gate post at the bottom of his steep drive as 4 wheel drive did not engage. He couldnt even drive it a few metres after that as it kept wanting to go around in circles. Dealers just thawed it out and everything was ok.
Anyways hope its only a blip as i woudnt like to think it wont work when you need it. Keep us posted on results please

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the car to RRG Kia in Bury. In all fairness, they were very good. They identified a problem with an earth on the Traction Control system and fixed it under warranty.
Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats good to know it was something simple and hopefully fixed long term, thanks for letting us know paul. It could save a headeache or two if it crops up again for other owners and especially their dealers as they are not all as sharp im sure
Edited by: Grenadekid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.