Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda concerned about my MPG having thought this would improve but urban I'm getting around 26-28, extra urban about 35 and combined probably 28.


Pretty awful eh? Think a trip to the dealer to look at the ECU is in order. Thankfully we are low mileage users but its not great stats.



Whats everyone else getting? I'm a petrol manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I assume it's a diesel?

I'm averaging a true 38mpg, that's a mix of urban/traffic and motorway.

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I have 1.7 2 diesel


Picked it up 20th September, did just over 1100 miles, most of which are motorway miles with cruise control on


Current average MPG 52.3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arctic Paul said:
I assume it's a diesel?

I'm averaging a true 38mpg, that's a mix of urban/traffic and motorway.

Paul

Nope its a petrol as I said.



How often do you reset the clock to get an idea or is that 38mpg since you got it?
Edited by: HGF69
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mcgoo44 said:
I have 1.7 2 diesel


Picked it up 20th September, did just over 1100 miles, most of which are motorway miles with cruise control on


Current average MPG 52.3


Thanks but I'm really just tring to get a feel for the AWDs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
HGF69 said:
I'm kinda concerned about my MPG having thought this would improve but urban I'm getting around 26-28, extra urban about 35 and combined probably 28.


Pretty awful eh? Think a trip to the dealer to look at the ECU is in order. Thankfully we are low mileage users but its not great stats.



Whats everyone else getting? I'm a petrol manual.
Same car.Same milage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Me too. Best I've recorded over a whole tankful is 32 (real, full-to-full), overall average over 4423 miles is 26.2, but that includes over 1000 miles of towing at 21 - 22 mpg. A bit disappointing, especially as I don't drive it as fast as my previous car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
Computer averaging 40-41 for the past few weeks. This HAS improved by about 2 or 3 mpg since it had it's first service. Don't know why it should, but it has! First Edition 2L diesel AWD 8400 miles. The consumption has gradually improved over 12 months of ownership. When I first got it last year I was getting about 33-35.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got rid of an RX8 because of the petrol consumption and end up with something that does only slightly better? Laugh or cry....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Griifo wrote :-



"Computer averaging 40-41 for the past few weeks. This HAS improved by about 2 or 3 mpg since it had it's first service. Don't know why it should, but it has! First Edition 2L diesel AWD 8400 miles. The consumption has gradually improved over 12 months of ownership. When I first got it last year I was getting about 33-35."



My FE is performing exactly the same after its first service - which included an ECU update. It has now done 16000 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
To be honest I don't think those figures are bad for a 1.7 petrol. I know the 1.9 Citroen non turbo diesel gets only slightly better figures than that. The current 1.8 focus petrol has the a combine MPG of about 30-35mpg
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top