Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've just joined

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a brand new Rio 1 1.25 petrol.
a nice shiny metallic blaze red one, so lots of questions, hopefully someone can help me out.

The car was ordered early Feb, now about five weeks ago, I went for this particular model as it was going to be the one that could be delivered soonest within my budget.

Big question is, just how long should I expect for it to be delivered? I was expecting to pick it up a week ago as one of the first "12" plates in fact I aleady know it's registration number,but unfortunately a couple of weeks ago I was told that due to problems with shipment/transporting of the car, the delivery has now gone back to the middle of this month/ any time soon - all a little vague, and I believe as told this is an issue with Kia and not the dealer.

I was wondering if this model and others are running late on delivery, particularly Rio 1 1.25 petrols, is there any particular reason why?
All I find myself doing is looking at the internet trying to get answers and looking at images of my prospective new ride!

I'm hoping after the wait I don't have any issues like the dreaded "dash rattle" or it not restarting without having to pump to restart if the engine stops itself in traffic.

So any info from Rio 1 1.25 owner regarding how the model performs both urban, extra urban and combined. I ordered it for for the package, economy and comfort, I'm definitely not a boy racer.

i simply can't wait to get hold of my shiny new blaze red ride!

Many thanks in advance and happy Rio driving everyone

Regards
Red_Runner66

Edited by: Red_Runner66

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Davy, really nice pic.

However I know as a 1 it doesn't come with the shiny chrome grille, as far as I'm aware, also I tend to prefer the Rio without alloys ,- anyone else or just me? However I know it will still look the biz!

·
Registered
525 Posts
My 3 model took 16 weeks from date of order to get to me.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks big_boz, I don't think I'll be too impressed if it's that long. I've been told March.
Were your dealership up front about the wait? Is there any way of finding an accurate expected delivery time? How late was yours in the end? It was because of a 6 month lead in I went for a petrol instead of the long wait until Summer/Autumn for a diesel.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Red_Runner66 said:
Thanks big_boz, I don't think I'll be too impressed if it's that long. I've been told March.
Were your dealership up front about the wait? Is there any way of finding an accurate expected delivery time? How late was yours in the end? It was because of a 6 month lead in I went for a petrol instead of the long wait until Summer/Autumn for a diesel.

I was aware of the wait yes. Actually it was 14 Weeks for Graphite and 16 weeks for Black. I was told that Kia are making and sending them in batches of 50 per model and colour, so if you are lucky enough that there is a boat en-route or just docked with some unsold units in the model and colour you want then game on, otherwise, you may have to wait for the slow boat from Korea to arrive with your car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am awaiting delivery of my Kia Rio, it's a 1.25 2 in Silver. I bought a previous model 1.4 Strike a couple of months ago as I lost my Motability vehicle due to the loss of my benefit. I was impressed with its value for money. I have since test driven a New Rio & ordered one the same day. I ordered it on 08/03/2012 & have been told that i will take delivery sometime next week. We'll see!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike 2608 I hope you enjoy the new car, it will be good to compare when we both get them delivered, mine is a Rio 1, I'm really looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, my 3 1.4 petrol arrived at the garage yesterday, ordered it on 2/3/12 through Arnold clark because 7 other approved Kia dealers couldn't get one till end of may, would have to be a special order from factory! A C must have had this one as an extra but I wasn't told where it was but was told it would be a week to a fortnight delivery, waiting on car transporter, phoned on Saturday to check progress and was told hopefully this week maybe next! They probably don't know an exact time at the dealers cos of logistics of transport co.
I just rang as many dealers as poss till I secured one. Have a look on auto trader web site there's loads of 1 & 2s but most are pre registered if that's an issue! If I couldn't have got mine I would have gotten a pre reg from there! Good luck sorry such a long waffle!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts