Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought/Ordered a new Picanto on 16/06.2009 for new plate of 59 still awaiting delivery dealership says car should arrive in next shipment, used scrappage deal to get money off, old mot runs out on old car in 4 days, if NO new car arrives i'm stumped without car, how long did peeps wait for there delivery of new car. Know its only the 1st tomorrow, but dealership doesnt even know when next shipment due which seems odd. never had probs wiv my old clio of 15 years, lets hope the New Picanto lasts just as long, anything i should know about this car let me know many thax

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hello and welcome, we also had to wait a while and were in a similar situation as our Road Tax ran out the day we picked up thecar with a week left on the MOT.... the Picanto was in such high demand we even ended up having to get the top spec model as we feared not getting one in time (before having to re-MOT)
I drive a Pro-Ceed and borrow the wifes Picanto every now & then, not a lot of power (but wasn`t expecting it to have) but a great drive...both of us love the car.

Hope you get it all sorted soon and look fwd to hearing how you get on with your new car.

·
Registered
887 Posts
HUGe backlog of picantos, if you order today it'll be november, yours should really be in the country by now, 3 ships a month arriving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya still no car as of up to yesterday afternoon, after speaking to the dealership, the car isnt even in the country yet, he said he can track it once it reaches the UK other than that, he doesnt know when the delivery will be, somehow i think i'm been told porkies by him, so intend to visit the show-room tomorrow and have a show-down so to speak, the mot on the car i'm using as the scrappage deal runs out this friday, so really need to get things sorted, even if he agrees to a curtisey motro till the new picanto arrives, its starting to get me somewhat little dis-appointed in the dealer, if its like this now, whats it going to be like should anything go wrong with the car in the furture, ive even took to looking at another make and model tonite, just incase it comes to such, as would pull out of the order if pushed too far. ill up-date 2morrow after had the chat with the showroom dearler...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visited the dealership today, and have been informed that the Picanto i ordered back in june will be on UK ground on the 10th Sept, theshowroom manager has agreed on a car for me to use untill the new car is checked over and ready for me to collect late into nxt week, so ill drop my currant car off and collect the coursty car on friday, which ill then take back and exchange for my brand new picanto at long last. ill up-date nxt weekend after collecting the car. whats another week or so after waiting this long<<<< chuckles to self>>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, forgive lateness inletting you know that i have not taken delivery of my new picanto 1 which i collected from the showroom lastsat 19th
So far so good, the car is lovely to drive with the power steering and abs braking, which i havnt had the pleasure of having b4 now, in all the car is worth the wait, i've not named the car yet, like i normally do with my cars, but hey i'm sure ill think of something to call it, ive done about 250 miles since collecting the car, and had no problems at all, lets hope i have many miles/years of pleasurable driving ahead. I note the car is quite high from the noraml cars i used to have, which in a way is safer, but it does feel funny, its getting its 1st wash today once ive finished up-dating ere. lets say i'm very happy with the car and pleased i bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh b4 i forget, i lost my password hence looks like i rejoined but its me shywazz now shywazz1 lol let me know how every1s picanto is driving and if anything i need to look at or check in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Afternoon...

Have just been reading through these posts as am in a similar situation...

Ordered a brand new shiny Kia Picanto 1.1 Strike back in August n am planning on scrapping my current Cavilier for £2000 off the price under the scrappage scheme...

But my new car still hasn't arrived...

Due to the age of my car n the fact that is worth way more under the scheme than it's book price I have not been driving it... so effectively have been without a car for 3 months...!!!...

Have spoken to the dealers once...when I called them...during this time...n feel I was fobbed off with some story about Kia only making certain engine sizes n colours at a time n I would just have to wait until they got around to doing mine...

End of November...still heard nothing...or end of December...which means I have now had to cancel our plans for Christmas...!!!...

Am I being given the run around because I am a woman or is anyone else in the same position...???...

·
Registered
887 Posts
The picantos are on backorder, korea cannot not keep up with demand, an august ordered car really should be here by now however.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI Im thinking of buying a picanto 1,1 strick just like yours, thats if you still have it, can you tell me is it road tax free, and conjestion charges free, as if it is thw the new onat would be great for me I know the new ones out now are but this is now a few years older.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts