Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I ordered a white Pro_cee'd ZR-7. Cant wait to get behind the wheel, as Im on foot and train since I sold my car due to my stealers dodgy PX valuation. Got £1400 more selling private on a six year old car. Is there that much fat in used car prices?!!

Anyway, counting the days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi bibbyg,

I have just got my ZR-7 and it's great, i wanted a white one but they had a silver one in dealer stock and gave it to me for the same cost as white paint, with mats, roof bars, full tank of petrol and being extremely impatient i had the deal on it, is yours the 1.4? mine is and i am currently running at 43mpg!! this is on some motorway though but my old C-max 1.8 could hardly manage 35.5mpg with a claimed 39mpg

If you like your music you'll love the stereo, get a nice big flash memory stick and whack all your MP3's on it and no more changing Cd's - ever!!

I got a £4360 for my C-Max PX and it's now on their front for.......£5795!!!!!! so yes there is that much fat in a used car (if your a dealer), i always used to sell private but i could not be bothered this time but when i see it writen down on paper perhaps i should of.....

anyway i'm sure you'll love the car when you get it - Happy motoring and welcome to the forum.....

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi bibbyg,
Welcome to the club and forum, it's great to see soo many new members joining up now, and a good variety of different models being bought. Should lead to a wide variety of experiences and shared information for owners and prospective owners alike.

On the music front, i didn't realise you could use a flash stick in the usb port so bought a mp3 player......could have saved some money, oh well, live and learn

Hope you dont have too long to wait for your new pro.....all the best.

jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Ive got my flash drives ready - I bought two from Aldi for a tenner, they are PNY orange ones too 'cos i wanted them to match the dash illumination!

Is it only mp3 format they play? how do i create playlists (can i sort tracks into folders, will that work?) or do i just have to dump a long list of tracks straight on there. I have mates ho have head units that recognise mp3s in folders as album playlists.

Im itching to get bright orange velour mats too. I had red ones in the Honda from Autostyle, and at the time they did orange too but have since cut down their range. I cant find any ready made orange, so Im trying to see if a maker will take some carpet off me to make some.
Incidentally matscar.co.uk do pro ceed mats cheaper than kia (although i got mine chucked in as part of the deal)

Good news on the economy I was getting 38-40 from a 6 year old Honda and thought this was good! I nearly went for the 2 in 1600 diesel but decided against it.

I drove a 2.0 sport when the pro first came out, great car but I could afford to run to that! maybe next time, or if they build the exCee'd :)
I only know of one other pro in my town and its a silver one, only seen him out once in it!

The excitement is killing me ( and the walking is too) two/three weeks to go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no need to create playlists and it will read mp3 and wma i think, I loaded mine as album folders with tracks inside each folder, it scrolls through album names on the head unit until you stop on one then plays the album, i can change up and down tracks on steering wheel but not albums, this need to be changed on the head unit only for some reason?
Bright orange mats???? i'm not sure about that

2 weeks to go, thats ages...

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
As silver_pro says, you just create folders to use as albums and pop tracks in them in either wma or mp3 format, according to my mp3 player wma files are roughly half the size of mp3's, so you can get more music on each stick.
Alternatively if your music is already saved on your computer in album folders you should be able to drag and drop each folder straight onto the stick.

Here's hoping the time passes quickly for you till your ZR arrives.......

Jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the bus (or rather two of them) home from work today. £4.50 one way and 50 mins to do what i can drive in ten! I'm getting up at five tomorrow on a day off to drive 30 miles to take my Dad to work so i can have his car for the day, I might just have to pop down to the garage and hassle them about my order!!

Im not hopeful my dealer is as enthusiastic about the car as i am. i get the feeling they 'sell em then sod em' i might be taking mine to Kia Bolton for aftersales as thats owned by Kia UK so youd hope they would be more buzzed up.I seen a link on kia.co.uk about service plans (POA from dealer) anyone got one? is it valid at all kia dealerships or just certain ones id like the idea of spreading service costs.

I cant even get an options list or proper brochure off the dealer for the car I ordered.I toyed with the idea of ESP from a safety point of view, but £350 is crazy on a car that already has ABS (which i believe is the greater part of an ESP system), too late after its ordered, Ive had it before and felt the benefits sometimes but ill just have to adapt to being more careful :)

what kinda afterfit accessories are available on the pro? Roof bars - i never knew they existed, got any pics with them on, show me more!

I will have to stick with mp3 as I use a mac and you cant make WMA with the standard set up (dont wana spend money to make WMAs) but iTunes will make mp3 discs for free out of my AACs or like you say i can drag/drop onto a dongle, or even a CDR.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i got tired of waiting and going down to my local dealer for updates, only to be told again and again that it will be two to three weeks time, never actually getting any closer, factory constantly being blamed.

I flippantly said, well I'll have a black one if you've got one in, but I'm not paying for that colour! Surprisingly they agreed and I pick up on Friday :)

It looks hot in white but I really don't have faith that my dealer even ordered a white one, black suits the car too but i really didn't want the extra washing that black needs!! Oh well bucket and sponge for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Black is very nice but your right cleaning it will have to become a past time of yours, mabye even twice a day!

Seriously though the only other one i've seen has been black and it looked the nuts.

Good luck for Friday and let us know how you get on......

''Black is the new White!''

·
Registered
100 Posts
bibbyg said:
Well, i got tired of waiting and going down to my local dealer for updates, only to be told again and again that it will be two to three weeks time, never actually getting any closer, factory constantly being blamed.

I flippantly said, well I'll have a black one if you've got one in, but I'm not paying for that colour! Surprisingly they agreed and I pick up on Friday :)

It looks hot in white but I really don't have faith that my dealer even ordered a white one, black suits the car too but i really didn't want the extra washing that black needs!! Oh well bucket and sponge for me.

Oh well, black it is then......i too wouldn't have chosen black, but i'm far too impatient to order and wait for my chosen colour. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new Pro anyway.

Whatever you do Don't wash with a sponge though, invest in a good quality micro fibre wash mitt. It'll save a lot of the woe caused by wash induced scratches.

I use 2 buckets and rinse the mitt in clean water before dipping back in the shampoo bucket...........call me fussy if you like, but it really helps to protect the paint.

I assume the black one is still a ZR7.........Hope all goes well for you. jamie.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah the two buckets method is a bit anal but i think its worthwhile, as if any colour is gonna show swirl its black!! i can just imagine my dealer soaping it down with a sponge and fairy liquid before delivery!!! argh!

I got some organic wheel cleaner from halfords already as i screwed my last alloys with wonderwheels - good product but far to harsh. i love Zymol stuff but the 'everyday' range is limited and the proper range is scarily expensive its also hard to use, needing a mild dry day with no direct light to get good results

Any recommendations on wax and polish, I have a vat of Mer in the garage and thats been ok on all my cars but ive never used Mer on a black one. hey howdya get tar spots off a black car, it must be a case of feeling for them!! just sorting my tunes on my dongle and getting my pick up checklist done as im working a 14 hour day tomorrow my Dads gotta pick my car up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it!! Been pretty much out every day since Friday. drive is much better than i remember from test drive. looks smart in black tho Im off to give it the first wash now (two buckets of course!)

I will post some pics once its clean and parked up somewhere nice - as i feel a bit of a charlie taking pics of my car on the drive!!

Just gotta get my number plates back on it now when DVLA re-open after the weekend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Bibbyg.
Great news that you have the new pro at last, and that it's better than you remembered.

I know what you mean about feeling daft taking pics of the car in your driveway, but then my neighbours know i'm mad anyway

I usually clay the paintwork 2-3 times a year, that seems to find and remove those hidden tar spots. As for polishes, i use a mixture of Meguires and Poorboys products.

If i was to use just a polish then my first choice would be Auto Glym radiant wax, you could always top that off with Auto Glym's gloss coat for a great shine.

atb jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm id forgotten about autoglym top coat! i might have to give that a go when its due. at teh mo the two bucket method is doing fine, no swirl marks so far!

650 miles and three washes later (its only been a week) I still havent had the weather to take any pics of it yet but I will ASAP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts