Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I've ordered the 3 in blue from Arnold clark near Glasgow 9 days ago awaiting transporter delivery, it's apparently in the country somewhere so waiting for call to go down and pick up, I'm 100 miles north of Glasgow! Any ideas how long this takes if it's ready to be transported? Never bought new before! Going from a 99 plate seat Ibiza 1.4 to the 1.4 3 so will be worlds apart. Bought the car from advertising alone, not seen one in the flesh yet or sat in or test drove! Can't wait loved the car from seeing the bank robbery ads!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Steve I would imagine your new Rio will be better than the old Ibiza, tho' not sure if the mpg will be better. I've seen the new Rio in the showroom and it looks great but never had a test drive cos I wanted a diesel but not a 1.4 diesel.
Use to deliver the English newspapers titles from Paisley up your way but Inverness does all of that now
. Loved the drive up but not when it was snowy or full of deer, especially over the Glen, nightmare at times. Hit about 2 deer over the 4 years.
Anyway getting back on track here. I hope you enjoy your new Rio when you get it mate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, I'll have to be careful when coming back up from Glasgow don't want any dinks on her!!! Beautiful scenery dodgy road!! Although not taken delivery yet I can't stop smiling about it, don't know what I'll be like when I pull off the forecourt haha. Already planning lots o trips, we're from Nottingham originally so be visiting more often with a decent car

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a 1.4CRDI 3 in graphite, an i honestly think its the best looking Super mini currently on sale,especiallywith the wheels and LED lights that the 3 gets over the other models.

I cant comment on the fuel economy of the petrol but my mum had a 2000 ibiza from new and the build quality in the Rio is in a different league. The only thing i would say is when you pick it up, grab hold of the dash above the instruments and give it a good shake, if it creaks and rattles, don't accept the car as the dealer will need it for a full day to remove and fix the dash.

If you are going to need to take the car back 100 miles it might even be worth asking them to do it before you go all the way and pick it up, its really annoyed me and i only live a few miles from my local dealer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Boz, really appreciate comments, totally agree it looks so good the wheels especially, says it all that I'm buying this car without testing or seeing one for real to me it's so distinct and good looking. The sooner I get it the better! But take on board what you say about getting them to check it before hand as i will be changing insurance for when I go down and dealer will be scrapping the old car

·
Registered
525 Posts
Iwouldn'tworry about the drive, I assume yourIbizais either a 60 or 75BHP unit? My Mum had the 60BHP version and it was very VERY slow and iDonthaveparticularlyfond memories of the steering or brakes either so the Rio should feel both fast and much more refined that the Seat.

Just Check that Dash fella!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rio 2 Great Drive have only covered 1500 miles but can report no problems considering we only went out to buy a new hoover and some how ended up in the KIA showroom and the electric blue ex demo 700 miles on clock being offered at a great price like mentioned never seen one before except in the brochure!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
masteskia said:
Rio 2 Great Drive have only covered 1500 miles but can report no problems considering we only went out to buy a new hoover and some how ended up in the KIA showroom and the electric blue ex demo 700 miles on clock being offered at a great price like mentioned never seen one before except in the brochure!!

I have had trips like that, best was a BBQ round a mates that i ended up coming home in a 1 owner 1967 Moggy soft top.......

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I went for a new tyre for my Yamaha Thundercat 600cc and came out with a brand new Yamaha Fazer1000.
Tyre £125, new bike £6400 not much difference eh

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
525 Posts
davy said:
I went for a new tyre for my Yamaha Thundercat 600cc and came out with a brand new Yamaha Fazer1000.
Tyre £125, new bike £6400 not much difference eh

I can beat that, Took the wifes Aygo in for its first service £180, walked out with a brand new Yaris, £13k. She was not impressed......

Her: Who's black car is that?

Me: Yours

Her: Oh did they have to keep the Aygo in?

Me: No

Her: You better not have swapped it

Me: Errrrr

·
Registered
525 Posts
davy said:
He he good one boz. I bet your paying for it now
Na, saving to build a house, so gone down to one car and some bikes on thegovernmentcycle to work scheme, basically this means i use my bike if she needs the car, her bike is in the shed gathering dust!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joy of joys it's here and I pick it up on Saturday morn!
it's sat at the dealers and he says he's had 3 people enquire to buy it! He says it looks amazing. I'll get some pics up as soon as.
Cheers all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts