Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine definately has one - what model do you have?
Its a 2015 reg
TA (2011-2017) Picanto 1.0 CVVT

I've had a look down by the lighter and next to there's a small circular blank. Would I be right in thinking that there a plug behind already to accommodate as aux socket?

What's the location of yours on the dash?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this part which is genuine KIA but with it being for the Picanto Morning, not sure if it will fit and if the wiring be behind the dash will match a 2015 Picanto 1.0.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted!

I got part 96120 1Y100EQ via ebay from a Korean source. The plug was hidden behind the center console so all I had to do was cut out the panel to fit the aux. There’s a scribed line that marks the position on the rear of the panel so no need to mark it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to get the replacement panel c/w aux and usb but couldn't find one. I got bare the bare aux/usb socket via ebay and cut the panel to suit. From Kia, about £70+vat for the socket and about £8+vat for the panel.

A well presented how to video!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried to get the replacement panel c/w aux and usb but couldn't find one. I got bare the bare aux/usb socket via ebay and cut the panel to suit. From Kia, about £70+vat for the socket and about £8+vat for the panel.

A well presented how to video!
That's so expensive from Kia, I wouldn't recommend someone buying it from kia

·
Registered
1 Posts
All sorted!

I got part 96120 1Y100EQ via ebay from a Korean source. The plug was hidden behind the center console so all I had to do was cut out the panel to fit the aux. There’s a scribed line that marks the position on the rear of the panel so no need to mark it out.
Can you please help talk me through how do this as I don’t want to damage anything!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just been looking at this, I have to say the factory fitted radio is pretty poor soundwise, when playing back a mp3 cd it lacks volume as well as base, would a better option be replace the head unit rather than fit a socket, does anyone else have a problem with low poor sound from CD?, the radio sounds a bit better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just been looking at this, I have to say the factory fitted radio is pretty poor soundwise, when playing back a mp3 cd it lacks volume as well as base, would a better option be replace the head unit rather than fit a socket, does anyone else have a problem with low poor sound from CD?, the radio sounds a bit better.
Yeah the radio sound is below average, I replaced my radio with a double din pioneer unit and the sound is so much better

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah the radio sound is below average, I replaced my radio with a double din pioneer unit and the sound is so much better
Thanks, it is poor in my opinion, rather than fit a socket I would replace the head unit with usb built in, watching the youtube vid the guy reckons the plastic surround was very tight to get out and himself was worried about marking the dash, did you have any problems, what do you recommend to remove fascia without damage. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just buy a dash removal kit, eBay or Amazon you get a few plastic tools and you shouldn't do any damage. You have to add a fair bit of pressure but don't be scared or breaking it because it's would be hard too. I'll make a video at some point. I might try and do it this week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, it is poor in my opinion, rather than fit a socket I would replace the head unit with usb built in, watching the youtube vid the guy reckons the plastic surround was very tight to get out and himself was worried about marking the dash, did you have any problems, what do you recommend to remove fascia without damage. Thanks for your input
[/QUOTE
The video is a good example of how to do it from what I remember.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just buy a dash removal kit, eBay or Amazon you get a few plastic tools and you shouldn't do any damage. You have to add a fair bit of pressure but don't be scared or breaking it because it's would be hard too. I'll make a video at some point. I might try and do it this week.
Thanks, have ordered a kit, will have a little go at it once it arrives

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fitting the aux/usb socket is not a difficult job. The video above is very informative.

Its the base model that doesn't have the socket but KIA install a generic harness with all the plugs to retro fit additional kit you want.

Exercise caution when cutting tape on the socket's folded up cable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts