Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stu&Amy,

Did you manage to do a 1.0 to 2.0 writeup?

We have just bought a 1.0 Air obviously with basic spec and am looking to include USB etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stu&Amie said:
Hey. Yes you can. I have done it in our Picanto 1.It is a simple case of taking the lower centre out. So...
1) Unscrew the gear knob
2) See where the plastic pieces join (the long one that goes behind the handbrake and the upper one that stops just before) This is just on push clips so get between the joins with a trim tool/screwdriver with a rag and prise it upwards
3) pull it out over the gear stick
4) unscrew the two screws at the front end on the blanking panel

Thats the tricky part. Right, on eBay there are a few international sellers selling the aux block. The wiring is already behind the panel you have just removed so it is a case of plugging it in. Get this aux block from eBay as it is MUCH cheaper than kia. You will need to ask your local KIA dealer for the plastic panel from a Picanto 2 upwards as the ones on eBay are for left hand drive (even though they say they are not sided!!)

In fact....my setup will be for sale soon as the headunit is coming out to be replaced by a double din headunit.

Either way...£19 (if i remember correctly) for the pastic panel from KIA and about £10 for the aux block from korea. Hope this helps

(Link for the Aux block I bought -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUX-USB-Jack-Assy-for-Console-Fit-Kia-Picanto-2011-2012-2013-all-new-/121092079578?hash=item1c31a67fda )

Hi, just signed up to say many thanks for this useful post. I've just successfully added AUX/ USB to a 62-plate Picanto 1 using these instructions, nice and straightforward. It also makes a welcome change that Kia actually fits the wiring loom ready to go for the AUX/ USB block to slot in! I'm more used to German cars where the wiring is never present for retrofits.

Also just as a tip, I got away without the extra plastic panel and have left the AUX/ USB block behind the console, then passed a cable through where the blanking plastic for the 2nd 12v socket was. This just pops out and you can fit the cable through.

I took a quick photo midway through the installation process...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello

I have a kia picanto 1.0 2012 model. The most basic model.

It doesn't have a aux and usb socket.
Are they hiding behind the plastic?

Im not to bothered about the usb socket. But would really like to be able to connect my iPod using the aux.

Ive had a look through the forum but couldn't find anything,

Any help would be appreciated.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts