Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve just had a 2018 GT line delivered today and am a bit shocked to see it’s got no auto stop function. Is this normal? My previous 18 reg Stonic and 13 reg ceed sportswagon both had it. I thought it was pretty much a requirement on every car.
Is there a way to get this added? I quite often get caught up in traffic and rely on it a lot

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
Intelligent Stop Go (ISG) was not on a number of earlier Gen 4 Sportages, where it was model and engine specific. My previous 2017 KX-2 2.0 litre CRDi, didn't have it. It was included in more of the range in later years, my current car has it (although it is sporadic and rarely works).
I would doubt it could be added, but there again I didn't think the Higgs Boson would ever be found.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
435 Posts
You can have my auto stop/start if you like, 'cos I don't use it. Daft idea.

If you really want to mess, just switch off, on, off, on etc........

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line S AWD Fusion White Diesel Auto
71 Posts
Agree with Alan, there are SO many requirements for the system to actually work, including the interior fan to be set below level 3...it usually doesn't work, and when it does it, you'll think the car is broken.
I would agree with that, the auto brake works fine but the engine hardly ever turns off and never with the Air Con on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts