Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

ive had my Sportage GT Line auto for just over a week know and I am really enjoying the driving experience. The question I have is around the auto engine stop/start I had this on my last car and it switched the engine off when the car came to a halt. I am finding on the Sportage as I approach a traffic light and I’m coming to a halt the engine will turn off when the star although coming to a halt is still moving is this correct?

thanks Lee

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it’s the 48v the stop starts kicks in a lot more often than the older models and at higher speeds. I had the same issue and took it to dealers who confirmed with Kia technical that this is correct. Took a bit of getting used to..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If it’s the 48v the stop starts kicks in a lot more often than the older models and at higher speeds. I had the same issue and took it to dealers who confirmed with Kia technical that this is correct. Took a bit of getting used to..
Yup that’s how it works, with your foot on the brake, the system assumes your going to come to a halt and cuts the engine.
The moment you release the brake, the engine kicks in again.
Can be a nuisance in slow moving nearly stop start traffic, so I just switch it off.
Does take getting used to, but its fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts