Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found my 11 soul2 auto locks if I unlock it and forget to lock it again - I didnt know no mention
i cud see in the handbook maybe i missed it. doesnt seem to do it all the time tho ?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But whats so strange is that if you get out after yr journey and dont lock - it doesnt lock automatically
if you inadvertenly walk away from the car and forget to lock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that the manual says that it will auto lock in 30 minutes, but I haven't waited that long yet !

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
it will only lock itself automatically if you unlock the car with the plipper but dont actually open a door within 20 secs of doing it!!...... its a safety thing if you inadvertently unlock it as you walk away and stuff the keys in your pocket.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
So if you leave your keys in your coat pocket after ajourney and get out of the car forgetting to take your coat will it lock the keys in the car after 30 mins. Did not realise that this was possible.I thought plipper was a dolphin.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No!....wrong!..... the car will only lock itself, if you were on the outside and unlocked it and then didnt open a door to get in it....... if you unlocked it and walked away - it would relock after 20 seconds.

The only way you can lock yourself in with these cars is if you use the tailgate plipper button to just unlock that.....drop your shopping in with your keys and then shut the hatch.....then your buggered!.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your Right as usual Tempest! my 2012 Soul 2 auto locks as you drive away, and if you have passengers in the rear they can't get out unless you hit the unlock switch on the door or turn the ignition off, I also noticed that when I go to pick my Wife up from her nights out that she can't open the door from outside unless I hit the unlock button, I suppose it's a good idea for lonedrivers as no-one can get in to rob them,

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had auto locking on my Puma when you drove off, dont want people opening the boot whilst stuck in traffic, or "jacking" the car, another fine American import along with "have a nice day".I do have a funny one, has anyone else unlocked their Soul, put something on the back seat with the keys by accident, shut the door and the doors locked automatically. Luckily I was at home with the spares to hand, so I was wondering if the autolock feature, senses the front doors only.

Tony

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
TempesTony said:
I had auto locking on my Puma when you drove off, dont want people opening the boot whilst stuck in traffic, or "jacking" the car, another fine American import along with "have a nice day".I do have a funny one, has anyone else unlocked their Soul, put something on the back seat with the keys by accident, shut the door and the doors locked automatically. Luckily I was at home with the spares to hand, so I was wondering if the autolock feature, senses the front doors only.

Tony

Nope!!..... only you are daft enough for that trick.....lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Tempest

Thought I would be, at least I was at home when it happened, I now always make sure I have my keys in my hand when I put my jacket on the rear seat and shut the door.
Are you going to the meet in July?, will be good to see the face to me old sparring partner on the Yank forums. I will be going from Cardiff I expect, wont have to get a B&B then.

Tony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.