Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if its possible to have the facility to have the doors lock automaticaaly when you are driving ,i know you can lock all the doors on the door button but some cars have the facility to have the doors lock automatically when you drop below say 10 mph its mainly for the other half when you enter areas that are ..lets say "not desirable"

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
its frequently been requested on the USA forum. Its not possible unless you have an aftermarket alarm fitted with that option on it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I don't know if it's standard thing but my Tempest has a button to lock the doors. But it's not automatic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought it was law in some States that car doors had to automatically lock when speed reached 5mph?When I've rented cars in California they have all had that function. Same as with an automatic you have to have foot on brake pedal to move out of P and to go from N to D and in a manual you have to have the clutch down in order to start the engine.(Stops people forgetting they're manual, starting up in gear and going over edge of multi storey car parks!!!)
My friends old honda civic had this and I spent 20 minutes one morning just trying to start the darn car!

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right ... wont make that mistake then !! its not easy to locate the button in the dark fumbling about ., just wish it did it automatically as you got in and started the car as per lots of makes , also does anyone else keep winding the rear windows down when they want the front drivers one ? a few l. e. d , s here and there wouldnt have gone amiss to help see stuff in the dark.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the newer ones have more lighting on the window switches i believe.... i too am forever winding the rear windows down at night by mistake too..... bloody sheep keep escaping.....lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts