Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting rid of my Sportage 2.0 -kx 3 AWD 2011. Just 4000 miles on the clock.Since new numerous problems. After only 86 miles it required both headlights replacing due to water ingress (dealer would rather describe it as condensation). Thats still water. At the same time due to clutch pedal failure a new master cylinder was fitted. The auto lights and auto wipers do work, just not at the right time. Of course this can't be faulted by the diagnostic computer, so THEY say there ain't no problems and just turn the auto off if it is becoming annoying. Paid KIA loads of money for these enhancements. No one is taking it serious. Yesterday in bright sunlight the auto headlights turned, 'must have driven under a cloud' was the considered opinion at the dealership. Today, no sun only cloudy and overcast sky and quite dense fog, auto lights failecd to illuminate, told today the excuse was, the sensor is a light sensor not a fog sensor. Left the dealership very angry. Any body getting the same sort of problems I wonder?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would wait till we get the first foot of snow this winter then sell it. That's what I'm planning to do (I have the KX2 AWD Petrol). You might not take such a hit on the resale price selling it when the snow comes but expect to loose the 20% VAT + when you sell it. Sorry to hear about your problems. I've not had issues like that but I don't rate the car at all now that I've clocked up over 3000 miles and I've not been too impressed with the Kia dealers when I've had to speak to them after buying the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. Just for info I have had prolonged words with KIA (UK) they even sent one of their top! men to check it out. Gave the car a clean bill of health, as expected. The sensor was changed and for 4/5 days of overcast weather behaved itself, first sunny day guess what? yep the lights came on.I wrote to Hamish McCowan head of after sales, he has nev er replied, he got someone else to do it.. Google his name very interesting on his published coments about KIA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've not had any issues with the auto headlights, but do find they are very sensitive to changes in sunlight compared to other auto headlight systems I have used. An overcast sky or pulling in/out of me car port turns them on. Other cars I have driven, it has to get pretty dark for them to come on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there SAGE,Mine kept coming on in bright sunlight. But when it was dull and overcast they didn't. Not my problem now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts