Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my car the Auto Glymm lifeshine PDI treatment yesterday. Paint gloss, glass treatment and widscreen wash boost. Looks great but more important great protection. How dealers charge £300 is a crime. Cost me £10 inc delivery. Just need to scotchguard the leather seats and carpets now which also comes with the kit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
How long did it take you to apply it?

Im hoping if this India Summer takes off i can get the preassure washer out this weekend and give the car a good clean and then apply mine :)

Bought mine off the Bay, got the PDI and the Full Kit in a case for £60 on ebay.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nanjo said:
Funniest thing I've seen in ages!!! Dont buy Auto Glymm. It's not real blah, blah , blah. Buy my stuff instead, click on the link to my shop! What a t**ser. His claim may of had substance until the bottom part with a link to his shop.

I've been using Auto Glymm lifeshine for years. This last one I used is the same as all the rest. Quality stuff. It took me a good 2/3 hours to apply all exterior treatments. Wash-dry-paint protector-glass guard. I then finished off treating the plastics with simple back to black. Car looks great :)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I did Mrs T's Sportage yesterday with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. I think that is the stuff that comes with the Lifeshine kit. I didn't bother buying the whole kit as I have most of the other stuff already.

I have to say it was a bit of a pain to put on because the instructions say not to get it on glass or unpainted plastic trim, both of which feature in abundance on a Sportage. I made some cardboard masks to keep it where it was supposed to be.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jemnetley said:
Hes not saying dont buy Auto Gylmm; he's saying dont buy it off ebay for peanuts as its more likely the left overs /not the real deal  
I know that, what I'm saying is I have been buying the stuff for years, have a brother who owns his own car valeting business and have never heard about his claim from my own experiences, friends or somebody in the trade. Read his link and it's quite clearly an advertisement. Don't buy that buy mine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and have just bought the 2.0 kx3 sat nav, techno orange in colour. I need help from you guys because I am quite disabled. I dont have the ability like you folks to do all the washing and polishing of my new kia, so is it REALLY worth the money to let the dealer put GARDX on it inside and out ?? It seems a rip off at £270, but will it really work and be worth its cost please ??

Many thanks and happy motoring

Mel x

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yes, it is a rip off. The raw materials less than tenth of that and, if you really want it, you can probably arrange to have it done for you elsewhere for about a third of the dealer price.

Read through this link. Very useful if you are in the process of buying a new car...

http://www.carbroker.com.au/car-dealer-tricks-tactics-scams.php

Once you know what the salesmen are up to it makes the whole pantomime quite amusing. We got the whole performance from the local SEAT dealer.
Selling extras like paint and fabric protection is just a part of it.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
308 Posts
I payed for the diamond brite treatment on a ford focus. What a sap i felt when the dealer who was servicing said "wot yearly check with a UV lamp to check the coating" Long story short - i bought a bottle of the conserver which goes on after it's washed and what a finish it produces. I have put 2 coats of auto glym resin polish and 1 of the conserver on the KX3 and NASA are complaining of the glint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts