Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kia picanto 1.1 2006 auto, so the gear nob doesn't stay in place correctly besides park and reverse, if its in D I can just push it to neutral. Besides that's not the problem, it stays like its in neutral when you put it in drive, but as soon as you press the gas the car moves, but in a bad way, it moves harsly forward, like when you slip the clutch to fast in a manuel, second gear is the worst, it will rev out and then when you slip dhe gas and give it gas the second time then it engages it. My friend says it probably needs a new gearbox, anyone here knowledgeable about kia autos?

·
Banned
5,229 Posts
This section os for website issues - please post in the appropriate model/year section

I can easily move mine from D to N - there is a slight resistance but it is not locked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This section os for website issues - please post in the appropriate model/year section

I can easily move mine from D to N - there is a slight resistance but it is not locked.
There absolutely no resistance in mine when it's in d, only in P or R

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The mechanical linkage cable

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You said it is automatic, does not have a clutch but a torque convertor

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If the selector is not selected in the correct position and held firmly in place. Its like if you move it whilst in motion

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I presume the fluid level is correct. Dipstick level should be checked with engine hot and running at tickover speed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts