Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one just joined bobby my name, iv just got sedona auto 2004,and notice it is raving when i hit abut 50 mph and i think it slips down to 3rd gear,and then settles down again.i don't go over 55mph in case i do some damage can any body help me on this,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi had same problem, changes 1st 2nd no problems but hangs onto 2nd up to 50 mph ease back on throttle and changes to 3rd pulls fine but techey if you give it a foot full once up to say 60 65 mph ease back again and settles down nice and quiet revs about 2500 ish, but wont grab 4th untill its up to 70ish, then has a look reves drop to about 2000 but if you hint at throttle back to 3rd gear, after much faffing and changeing transmmision fluid 3 times not cheap stuff either , first lt of tranny fluid came out black not a good sign , after looking at next lot that had been in 4 days and run about 200miles dark not the bright red that went in noticed coppery speckles but as a last attempt fooling myself thinking it was old stuff from torque converter mixing with new, put third lot in , all it did was improve setting off gear changes still the same, so what ever damage had been done wernt gonna get better with changeing the fluid, I investigated further and found that the clutch plates were beyond savage caused proberbly to not changeing the tranny fluid at the right times, over heated and worn out, also as there is no filter in thease boxes any debis can clog the galleries and seloniods that engage the differnt clutches or brake bands for the gear change system top and bottom of it try changeing the fluids first if it does not cure it look out for a fresh box or get yours overhauled, look at 900 quid for overhaul if you take box out and put back yourself 1300 ish if not, I had to change mine and its not easy as the sod weighs a lot , oh and yes I tried all the speed sensor tricks as well to no avail once its cooked it stays cooked sorry but no point in trying to soften the blow.... cheers Colin (ontspanners)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts