Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya everyone,new here and first post so hoping someone with far more knowledge than me can help.The wife has recently purchased a Picanto EX automatic of 2006 vintage and a nice little car it is.Been right through it servicing all necessary items and now to finish off I need to change gearbox filter and oil.My question is can I use another make of oil other than Kia.All pointers direct me to Ravenol JF405E as used on Hyundai but really need a bit of help before purchase as it's not cheap,especially down here in Spain.My nearest Kia store is miles away and they will not post it,they really are not much help in most things apart from selling a car.Hoping one of you more experienced guys can help.TIA.Suzuki

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes you can use other fluids, I know some dealers, perhaps many, don't use Kia branded fluids. Hyundai fluid will be the same, if its cheaper.

What spec is mentioned in your user manual? What is the transmission model nr?
Have you tried autodoc.es, prices are low.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.After a lot of searching on tinterweb I ended up going to Ravenol in Germany who are supplying ATF JF405E which according to them is identical in spec to that supplied by Kia.Reading between the lines it might well be what kia use,just sticker re-branding as apparently they used to specify this oil before they sold their own brand.Any old how,the difference is 36.95 euros for 4ltrs direct from Germany plus delivery and wait 3 days or 22 euros a ltr plus tax plus 18 euros delivery from Spain.You couldn't make it up.I've just ordered a rear wiper arm and blade from UK which works out at £18.95 with postage and again compared to 49 euros down here.I love living here but when it comes to car parts UK is the place to buy from.Anyway,thank you very much for the reply and no doubt I'll be seeking more help in the future.Suzuki (Graham )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts