Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI have seen many utube videos regarding a relay module that allows you to open and close your mirrors with the key fob on the Sportage 2010+, I contacted the ebay seller but he says that it only works on the keyless startversion. any ideas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dont think thats true cmgroup. ive got a sportage on order, due in a couple of months. thers no keyless entry, but i do have the folding mirrors.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Registered
536 Posts
The folding mirrors are activated by a switch on the outer arm rest. You do have to physically switch them though, there not automatic. The relay you can buy is for American sportage's which have a keyless entry (to lazy to put the key in the ignition I guess?) anyway, it works by cycling them out and in dependant on the lock/unlock button. Effectively the American models ignition is always on and hence the power to the mirrors is there waiting. I don't know why this is because you can fold out the mirrors in the uk proceed (which I have) when the keys not in the car but it's the same for me, you can't get them to fold on there own withough a keyless (or more precisely) the cars fitted with a starter button :(Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ours is a UK Sportageand we added a relay, plug and play all very factory !!!!!!!
If you fold them manual with the button inside they will not unfold with remote good for us when parked in our garage up against a wall, stops you crunching them if you press unlock on the remote. but once the relay knows they are manually folded out if you press lock they fold in and press unlock they fold out, also they are not affected by the auto locking at 7 MPH
while the door cards were off we added 4 new speakers and LED red reflectors also fitted puddle lights to the mirrors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Dd7T9v-ZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Te15-PI3U0&context=C3c7c36aADOEgsToPDskJCe0qKNrz7lc7FlRnHyOwu

Edited by: kia$torm

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KiaStormyou have taking it to a diffenent level, love the speakers and door LED's, where do I get therelay, I saw that utubevideo and noticedby the key it was a standardsportage but cannot find the kit anywhere,can you guide me in the right direction.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spursfanzone: I should have explained sorry about that, my sportage also has folding mirrorswith thebutton on the door I just want to override that feature and allow the key to do the same job,just being lazy I guess.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok. i didnt realize. so your talking like on my wifes bmw. when you press the key button, doors lock. when you press and hold, the mirrors fold in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a nice touch if it can be done and yes you are correct the BMW has this feature and the reason for this is because of the canbus which can be programmed but the Kia canbus does not go that far which is a pity, if I find a solution I will undate.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will have a look back and send you the link to the one we fitted.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow how cool is that!If it so simple why isn't it standard?

Did you do the work yourself?

Does it affect the warranty?

·
Registered
564 Posts
si952 said:
Puddle light? What's one of those?
it's a light that comes on to stop you stepping into a puddle. Does what it says on the tin

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep googled it and got that answer - can live without them but the other gucci bits look like a good idea - where do you get the bits and how do you install them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi KiaStorm,Did you find the link for the relay that allows the key fobto open & close the mirrors like in your utube video.

regards.

cmgroup

·
Registered
114 Posts
struggling to find the seller, ours was from US ebay but none listed at the moment, sent him a message but not had reply

·
Registered
228 Posts
kia$torm said:
struggling to find the seller, ours was from US ebay but none listed at the moment, sent him a message but not had reply
Kia$torm, looks like this could be a winner.
If you ever get a response from the US Seller, can you put a sticky or something on here so that we can order (of course this WILL kill your exclusivity !!)

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts