Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Just had the only thing that i did nt like about the venga fixed.Ive had the auto door locks turned off.
I mentioned it to the dealership,and they were more than happy to turn them off,as they are not to everyone s liking.
With having 2 young kids,it was a nuisance getting out to open their doors,only to forget to push that button twice.
It is now just like a normal set up,and you can push the button once to lock the car,and push again to unlock,simple.
Happy now,James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did nt,there is no way any sound minded individual would cut wires of interfere in any way with an 11 reg car with 2000 miles on the clock.The dealership disabled the speedlocks as my previous post said.
James.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bob,Oops i read viking garages post first about cutting wires and replied thinking they were replying to mine,but they were replying to yours.
It just a simple case of asking the dealership to disable the speedlocks,its a 2 minute job,and you can still lock and unlock manually using the button just like other cars.
Its a bit weird at first not hearing the locks click when you take the ignition key out,but a lot handier when you have 2 young kids and dont want to have to press the button,or forget to press the button.
James.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jamesskye - how much did you pay at the dealership to have them removed? I did the same thing myself personally, but I didn't go to the dealership thinking it would cost a mini-fortune, so I just called up a local locksmiths Thamesmead - who are nearby to my place - and they did a professional job for a good price. Actually I did call up a few dealerships to ask how much it would cost to remove the auto-locks and also for labour charges but they weren't consistent with their answers - this led me to look elsewhere and since locksmiths' forte are locks - well it was a no-brainer really.
Edited by: PicantoJo83

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Our James is no longer a Venga owner, but as far as i'm aware he does pop in from time to time.
The poor guy left us to become a Pug-man, hey ho such is life.

Ian

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Missed this thread, the first time round, as I did not own a Venga then. Why would you not want the auto-locking doors? Do you live in a crime free wonderland? There have been enough reports of car jackings, snatched handbags and similar, that having the doors locking as soon as you move off is a must (especially round Nottingham and various parts of London, if not elsewhere). I had this on my C4 and was glad that I did not have to do it manually, like on previous cars. If only manufacturers would put a button on the fob, to give the option of only unlocking the driver's door. Hoodies and multi-story car parks , plus unlocking all your doors, is not something I am too keen on.

·
Registered
2013 VENGA EcoDynamic SatNav Panoramic.
188 Posts
On my C4, prior to the VENGA, the speedlock could be disabled at will, by the driver, just by holding the dashboard button in. The computer display would then say auto lock disabled or enabled. There was also a log of functions that could be recalled in the display showing that things such as child locks enabled/disabled, ESP activated etc.
I have not tried this on the VENGA yet, but it doesn't sound like a user option. It is anoying to have to press the dash button twice to let rear passengers out!

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
What is wrong with my Venga locking system? All my passengers can open their doors, without me having to press the unlock button on the dash. In fact, the only time I press the button is to lock the car doors when I am not driving off immediately, but want them locked.I have the devil's own job stopping one of the old folk I take from doing a rapid exit before I have rolled to a stop.
Perhaps there are a number of options for the locking, and LDC and I have different ones???

I would not want to be in any Venga like LDC's, that went over the edge into a river - all my passengers would drown. Surely there is an EU directive that says doors should be able to be opened from inside, without having to crash first.

Edited by: rizmo

·
Administrator
7,655 Posts
Rob
Mines the same as yours...I dont have to undo the locks to open either front or rear doors from the inside...clearly they wouldnt need the manual child lock otherwise on the rear doors. Obviously though I cant open the rear doors from the outside after speed lock activation.
Could be worth holding the dash button in for a few seconds to see if it deactivates it.
PaulEdited by: Uvox2

·
Registered
2013 VENGA EcoDynamic SatNav Panoramic.
188 Posts
Ah! Perhaps I am wrong about the locks. What happens with me is that when we take the kids to school the speedlock activates and when we stop near the school, the wife gets out of the front passenger side at which point the lock button on the dash starts to flash. She then can not open the rear doors from the outside until I push the button, first push locks all doors, second push unlocks all the doors. If I take the key out of the ignition the doors also unlock, but I am not getting out of the car!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just had a wee run down to the co op and tried holding in the button but it did not deactivate it. I really dont know why you would want to deactivate it anyway.

stuart

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
LittleDuceCoupe said:
Ah! Perhaps I am wrong about the locks. What happens with me is that when we take the kids to school the speedlock activates and when we stop near the school, the wife gets out of the front passenger side at which point the lock button on the dash starts to flash. She then can not open the rear doors from the outside until I push the button, first push locks all doors, second push unlocks all the doors. If I take the key out of the ignition the doors also unlock, but I am not getting out of the car!

Ah yes, that is the way it works. The locking device is to keep nasty people out, but let us nice people get out when we need to. The only doors which unlock, when stopped (or in my case, stopping), are those where the inside handle is pulled. That is why your wife can get out, but all other doors, including yours, remain locked. What really happens, as far as I can see, is that the auto locking actually disengages the outside door handles, but cancels out in an accident, so you can be rescued.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found the m a pain in the buttocks, expecially when hopping out to let the kids out without turning engine off,with child locks on and speedlocks activated,and engine running and forgetting to press the button,doors were nt opening from either side.
Much better when dealer disabled them.
James venga,venga pug308

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
James! You left the engine running and vacated the driving seat, with children aboard!!!! You deserve to drive a Pug, and everything that goes with it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts