Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 55 plate 2.9 auto. it has developed a reluctance to go into top gear. ive tried the trick of coming of the gas , but it still stays in third. it goes in sometimes. the car has done 36,000 miles. do you think it needs an oil change. the oil is a bit cloudy, but doesn't smell. thanks in advance, ray.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Change oil start there It's cheaper than replacement KIA say Auto box oil change every 30k.

After mine failed in Spain (under warranty and correct mileage oil changes) i enquiried about paying for it myself to speed up repair, in 2010 i was quoted 8000 euros by KIA Spain.
Most expensive items are engine/gearbox in any car. OIL CHANGE OIL CHANGE OIL CHANGE regular. i give mine a Full service every 10k.My last people carrierhad done591,000 miles before i sold it. Didn't mis a beat. Look after a diesel, they are bullet proof.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yer change the oil, apparently these gearboxes weren't up to the job in heavy sedona and they have had a lot of warranty claims in the US!! People recomend synthetic oil over mineral in these to help, but it's not cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts