Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am attempting to install a sub into my 2013/14 Kia proceed GT Tech with the sat nav screen, and need to know the colour of the rear speaker wires.

I have looked all the internet for a diagram and can't find anything I would greatly appreciate some help if someone has done this before along with tips like running wires through to the engine bay.

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Blue and red. All the speakers use blue and red wires. As per my answer to that question in previous post.

Or do you mean which pin numbers go to the rear speakers from the plug on the radio?
Be clear in what you mean or it's hard to help you...

For getting through the front bulkhead into the engine bay I used the existing grommet that the main wiring harness passes though. I added my cable into that. It's up behind the glove box (in a right hand drive car) Edited by: Sheets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok I see what you mean yes I meant which one go to the rear speakers, I thought that they were all colour coded. Have you done an install like this before .. any tips ?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
They are colour coded - all using the same colours!
I changed the speakers and added a sub under the drivers seat.
Tips? I dunno really, it's fairly straightforward I thought. Just make sure you've found the right wires pertaining to what you intend to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue and red. All the speakers use blue and red wires. As per my answer to that question in previous post.

Or do you mean which pin numbers go to the rear speakers from the plug on the radio?
Be clear in what you mean or it's hard to help you...

For getting through the front bulkhead into the engine bay I used the existing grommet that the main wiring harness passes though. I added my cable into that. It's up behind the glove box (in a right hand drive car) Edited by: Sheets
Where did you get this pinout? I would like to verify.

I bought an android radio and got a wire loom supplied with it, but I need to rearrange the pinout of the bottom wire loom (black connector, bottom) to connect to the correct pins in the car (white connectors, top).
The purple, grey, white and green wires (right side in photo) are mixed up. I don't know about the rest of the wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.