Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was wandering if anyone had experienced similar issues to what I have encountered today. I purchased a mk4 sportage a week ago, 2016 plate, I noticed the settings button wouldn't do anything when pressed, so have searched Google & the owners manual, couldn't find anything info on it. So I reset the system using the little button you have to poke. This worked, however when I was in the settings, the other buttons & steering wheel buttons no longer worked, so again I reset it & the buttons worked once more, but again the settings would not. After reseting again, getting into settings again, i encountered the same issue.

Have anyone else experienced this or have any idea what it could be? Have reset the system back to factory settings to & still have the same issue, everything is fine until I get into the settings menu. Thought it might be covered by the warranty but just seen it only covers the audio & nav system up to 60000 miles, which I have just passed by 3000 miles lol.

Thank you for any help

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Judging by the lack of response, I guess nobody else has suffered this issue. I certainly haven't had it, or can recall it being mentioned before. My best guess is possibly a software issue, maybe time to get an update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, I was wandering that as its pre 2017, I saw an article on the kia site saying they will upgrade it for free so the android auto & apple car play will work, will have to get in touch with the dealer this week, cheers for the reply

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
It is a complicated situation. The in the UK, it was late 2016 that Kia started fitting head units that had Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to their Sportage's as standard. If your car is a late 2016, then it should be just a matter of adding Android Auto/Apple Carplay to your phone and enabling the function in the settings menu on the car. However if it is an early 2016 the head unit is incapable of either Apple Carplay or Android Auto and they can't be added with a software update.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pre 2017, I doubt it has the correct head unit for apple car play or android auto as these have a different operating system. You can check by looking on your steering wheel controls. If there is a mute button then it is not compatible. Also there isn't a dealer out there that does the audio/navigation upgrades for free, your seller is "massaging the truth".
Picture shows a non Apple/Android steering wheel controls. Don't judge, car needs cleaning! 😜
Steering part Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply, I saw this on kia's website so thought it would include mine as it was registered in August 2016, they told me it would just be the labour cost, about £40 to update it, but my steering wheel is the same as yours so will have to double check lol
Font Number Document Screenshot Paper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.