Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So the armrest I have on the ceed GT is useless, cannot be moved forward as many other cars allow.

So is the any aftermarket ones that I can fit or any adjustable ones that would sit under my arm when holding the wheel?

Any help would be nice

Registered
So many so(s)! One at the start of your site ID, then one at the start of each of the first two sentences, both of which are totally redundant. 馃榿

So, to the armrest:LOL:.....I have no idea about any after-market products but I have never given any thought to resting my left arm while driving so;) sorry, can't help.

Registered
Driving with your arm on the "armrest" is not safe. How can you be in full control of the vehicle driving like that. it would be an instant fail on your test. 1/4 to 3 or 10 to 2 were the positions that were taught back when I was a lad and that is still the way i drive, even on an empty motorway on cruise.

Super Moderator
These armrests can be hard to move forward & back.

Not aware of any aftermarket ones. You could take the armrest off and construct a longer one from some plywood & foam, then cover.

But you would have to ensure that it does not interfere with handbrake etc. As the one on daughters picanto when right forward makes it very hard for me to get the handbrake on.

The joys of lane assist mean arm rests gets more use :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
These armrests can be hard to move forward & back.

Not aware of any aftermarket ones. You could take the armrest off and construct a longer one from some plywood & foam, then cover.

But you would have to ensure that it does not interfere with handbrake etc. As the one on daughters picanto when right forward makes it very hard for me to get the handbrake on.

The joys of lane assist mean arm rests gets more use :)
You say the armrest can be hard to move forward and back, can the be moved? I thought you are not able to move them forward?

Registered
You say the armrest can be hard to move forward and back, can the be moved? I thought you are not able to move them forward?
The centre armrest on my old 2017 Ceed GT Line S used to move forwards. It is only the top section and would only move forwards a few inches. Make sure you are only pushing the top section and not the whole centre tunnel above the rear vents. Mine was not hard to move. Makes long distance cruises a lot more comfortable as my seating position without it forwards would have my elbow at the end of the arm rest and not comfortable.

Not sure if this a feature of that trim but I would not have thought so. Then again if yours is an earlier model it could be something they did towards the end of this models timeline.

Edit - Just found this Kia Cee'd - Sliding armrest - Storage compartment

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
This is from the manual, but I don't think the sliding version is installed on the GT (although to be honest I've never felt the need to find out).

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
Thank you, wonder If the sliding armrest can be fitted aftermarket
Yeah, you have to think it's likely the base is the same across all the Ceeds/Proceeds of that generation, so just the cushion/lid part is different. I suppose the obvious problem is you might not be able to get one with the red stitching!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Not really bothered about the stitching tbh, can't seem to find any online, right kia parts and ofcourse theh are not available atm

Registered
On my Picanto GT you only need to open the armrest about half an inch to slide it forward. Any more and it will not move. Maybe it鈥檚 the same on the Ceed?

Agree with iooi- it does make it harder to reach the handbrake on the Piccy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah had a look at the manual and my car does not come with the sliding armrest, will have to try an find a sliding one from somewhere.

Thanks for the help guys

Registered
So..... will this fully adjustable add on one not do either, looks like folk add 2, they do red stitching too

1 - 20 of 53 Posts