Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XCeed PHEV First Edition
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just updated the software on my First Edition XCeed PHE. Was straight forward and fixed the issue with My Trips on the Kia Connect app. I know this has been an issue for many on here. I presume it has updated other things (maybe maps) but nothing I’ve noticed yet. Only had one trip out but no issues so far (last time it changed my speedometer to km).

·
Super Moderator
9,907 Posts
What is the date shown on the updated software. As Kia update site is not showing any updates for April.

As .ver file is showing
+|21Q2|CD_P.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220211|KM|Xceed_PHEV_Ceed_CUV_PHEV_MY20_EU|

Which is the files from 11-02-22.

·
Registered
2020 XCeed PHEV First Edition
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the date shown on the updated software. As Kia update site is not showing any updates for April.

As .ver file is showing
+|21Q2|CD_P.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220211|KM|Xceed_PHEV_Ceed_CUV_PHEV_MY20_EU|

Which is the files from 11-02-22.
well it’s possible that I’ve used an old update but it fixed my issues so not too worried. Here is the link. Says 5 April 2022

·
Super Moderator
9,907 Posts
Ah that one.
That just relates to MY22 & OTA update. Which could well be 3 months old as some users have reported this showed in Feb update. And certainly none of the files listed show a April date on the below link.

But in true Kia style. No one is really sure what they are doing. 🤷‍♂️

This page gives the latest software (maybe) as it has been known for new files to be added with the old dates 😖 Just look for the 6 numbers in US date format.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help me/us. My Dad was using Kia Hotspot but has just changed his phone over. When he went to download Kia HotSpot it has been removed from the play store. We have tried using the Kia Connect but it wont work with his car. Has anyone any recommendations please?

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
517 Posts
Yes
Hotspot automatic (free)
By christian-heinisch

Was recommended in here and serves me well. Simple and works well, even on Android 11 and 12.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Downloaded from update.kia.com, directly onto a 64GB microSD card and followed the instructions on the Update Kia site. Good to know that it takes a LOT of time, in my case it was 74 minutes. Just FYI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts