Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have purchased a approved used cede which was 13months old on the point of sale. It had 13000 miles on the clock. The service is every 10000 miles. Does this begin from the 13000 or carry on from previous owner ie will it need doing at 20000 or 23000 when the 7 year warranty begins.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,496 Posts
i have purchased a approved used cede which was 13months old on the point of sale. It had 13000 miles on the clock. The service is every 10000 miles. Does this begin from the 13000 or carry on from previous owner ie will it need doing at 20000 or 23000 when the 7 year warranty begins.
If the previous owner has serviced at 10,000 miles (or 12 months whichever is earlier), then you should be getting the car serviced at 20,000, 30,000 etc.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hi cojo

We can confirm it should be serviced at every 10,000 miles or 12 months from date of registration. There can be major service items that need doing for the first time at the 20,000 mile / 2 year interval so these need to be done on time on the anniversary of registration.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi cojo

We can confirm it should be serviced at every 10,000 miles or 12 months from date of registration. There can be major service items that need doing for the first time at the 20,000 mile / 2 year interval so these need to be done on time on the anniversary of registration.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed
This is very confusing, your website list a service schedule for all your cars and it quotes every 12 months or 20000 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just bought an ex- demo Ceed first registered 17/09/20. It has 8400 miles on the clock and the dealer has serviced it and stamped the service book on 23/04/21. On the vehicle invoice they have quoted the next service as due on 23/04/2022.
As I am keen to preserve the warranty and given that the car was serviced early both mileage wise and time wise am I ok to wait until next April for the next service or should it be inspected again on the anniversary of first registration?

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have just bought an ex- demo Ceed first registered 17/09/20. It has 8400 miles on the clock and the dealer has serviced it and stamped the service book on 23/04/21. On the vehicle invoice they have quoted the next service as due on 23/04/2022.
As I am keen to preserve the warranty and given that the car was serviced early both mileage wise and time wise am I ok to wait until next April for the next service or should it be inspected again on the anniversary of first registration?

Thanks
on or before 23/4 of 18400miles whichever is the soonest

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This is very confusing, your website list a service schedule for all your cars and it quotes every 12 months or 20000 miles.
I also did not understand the service regime when i bought my first KIA back in 2016 and being used to a more sensible yearly mileage of 12,000k miles per annum then being told the average is now 10,000k miles per annum
(guess the pen pushers couldn`t add 12+12 and found it easier to add 10+10!!) in the first year`s anniversary i went over by 1,500k i was suddenly the big bad boy and was labelled as a "high mileage driver" and had to pay for a 20,000k service, that led to problems in year 2 as that was then a 40,000k service even though the vehicle had only done by then 23,000k miles!!! a brake fluid change at 2 years old and only done 23,000k mileage is absurd, but had to be done to comply with the so called 7 year warranty!!!

I did trade it in on the 37th month (3 years and 1 month old) and to "do the deal" i had already had the vehicle serviced and MOT`d ready for some lucky person to buy,....I left it at the garage on the saturday i picked my new one up, it went onto the forecourt that day and they sold it on the sunday next day!!

As for the service regime it is which ever comes first within the first year of the vehicle registration, either 10,000k miles or under which would constitute a simple cheap inspection only service, no filters or oil changed, over that mileage and you go to the 20,000k service which is a full service with filters, oil etc in compliance of what is written in the service schedule for a specific model.

EDIT:
I should have added that I am referring to a Diesel engine not a petrol or stinger 😉

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
As for the service regime it is which ever comes first within the first year of the vehicle registration, either 10,000k miles or under which would constitute a simple cheap inspection only service, no filters or oil changed, over that mileage and you go to the 20,000k service which is a full service with filters, oil etc in compliance of what is written in the service schedule for a specific model.
Petrol Kia @ 10K service does include a oil & filter change.
Stinger has a 6 month service interval.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Petrol Kia @ 10K service does include a oil & filter change.
Stinger has a 6 month service interval.
6 month or 6k miles on the Stinger. I average a service every 5 months due to mileage! Good job the cost is reasonable but it is still a pain.

Then again I suppose the over the top servicing is the reason they can provide a 7 year 100k warranty on a 3.3L V6. None of the Germans would ever do that with their highly strung engines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts