Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I picked up a new Rio 2 on Saturday. I'm having an issue with the wireless Apple Carplay. Every few minutes the Carplay display cuts to a black screen and I get a message saying "Phone is not responding. Please reconnect it and try again". The music, maps, etc. does not actually cut out but you have to go back into Carplay to get the maps, music app, etc. back up on screen. I had no issues with my wired Apple Carplay connection in my previous Rio.

A Google search reveals this seems to be an issue with the Kia infotainment head unit and wireless Carplay after an iPhone update. I'm going to mention it to the dealer when they phone with their aftersales call but I wanted to check if anyone has had this issue? My Google search has only returned this issue from customers in the US and Australia where an update to the head unit software is in the process of being implemented. I can't seem to find any UK examples of this online, so I suspect the dealer will have no idea what I'm talking about.

Super Moderator
Daughter has had this a couple of times. But we put it down to cable connections.

Super Moderator
I don't think it can be cable connections as it is the wireless version of Carplay
What age car?
Wireless is not enabled in the UK as yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
What age car?
Wireless is not enabled in the UK as yet.
Brand new. If it isn鈥檛 enabled in the UK my car must be an anomaly. I assumed it was a wired connection as I didn鈥檛 realise wireless CarPlay was even a thing. However, it connects whenever I get in the car with the phone in my pocket

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Brand new. If it isn鈥檛 enabled in the UK my car must be an anomaly. I assumed it was a wired connection as I didn鈥檛 realise wireless CarPlay was even a thing. However, it connects whenever I get in the car with the phone in my pocket
see images below

Super Moderator
Nice.
I use Android and KCS said software update is in progress.
Might get daughters I-phone out and try that..
Can you show a pic of the software version please.

Super Moderator

Registered
Did you do any specific setup to get it working? I've tried digging around all the menus on my 21 GT-S and can't find anything, i'll check the firmware in the morning. I've noticed you're the second person on this forum who has wireless carplay but also trim 2, so perhaps it's only working on that model currently, strange.

Registered
If it helps, this is the current version running on my car, no wireless option but wired carplay works fine.

Definitely appears to be an updated version, so perhaps they removed it as it was causing issues?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts