Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line (poverty spec) HEV Infra Red.
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a Picanto GT Line and I have a Picanto GT Line S now on the wifes car the Car Play works wirelessly whereas on mine you have to connect it with a lead both cars are brand new anyone know why this should be so ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for that, my flabber is also much gasted by that revelation. just going to check them as I thought that they were the same except for a couple of extra buttons on the S

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been out and checked and both screens are 8" and as I thought identical save for a couple of Nav buttons on the "S":unsure:

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,475 Posts
The issue is probably buried in technology.

For wireless car play the Nav unit has to support higher capacity 5GHz WiFi. You will probably find that 8 inch screen only supports 2.4 GHz.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are you both using individual phones in your cars? Try changing the phones over and see what happens. It may be down to different settings in the two phones.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,475 Posts
Just been out and checked and both screens are 8" and as I thought identical save for a couple of Nav buttons on the "S":unsure:
In the Nav settings can you select 5 GHz WiFi, is so select it and then, if it does not work check your phone and enable 5GHz WiFi on that.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
My wife has a Picanto GT Line and I have a Picanto GT Line S now on the wifes car the Car Play works wirelessly whereas on mine you have to connect it with a lead both cars are brand new anyone know why this should be so ?
What year car's are they?
Advice to check your phone in wife's car is good. As that would rule out a issue with your phone. She could also try hers in yours.

GT-S has UVO, but both should be 8" screens.
But seems strange that GT-line has wireless Car Play given it does not have wireless charging.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, eventually capitulated and called KIA and in their wisdom as the Gt line does not have standard satnav they bestow it with wireless connect Apple Car Play but you may well want to connect your phone with a wire to charge it, ok that just about works. On the Gt line "S" as it has standard satnav (not a patch on google maps) and a phone charging pad then you need to connect with a wire to use Car Play, Brilliant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.