Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to sort an issue out for my mother.

I'm getting error code P0473 on her Kia Ceed - relating to the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. To cut a long story short, I've taken it to several garages. One of which said they can only get the part from Kia and is saying they've been unable to contact Kia for 2 weeks (obviously don't want to do the job). Another recommended a DPF flush to solve it so I did that which cost £190 and hasn't solved the problem. I can't seem to get a garage to fix the issue and replace the sensor (I don't understand why) and I don't really want to take it to a main dealer as she's not going to be able to afford main dealer prices.

I've taken the sensor off and checked the terminals etc and it's all clean, pipes are clear etc so I can't see any obvious blockages. I've priced up the sensor online and can get it for around £40. I'm able to replace it myself but I believe from looking online it then needs to be "programmed" with GDS which I don't have. So my request (and I apologise that it's taken so long to get there) is is there anyone in the West Midlands who would be able to program the sensor in if I replace it please?

Many thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
May be garages areńt keen on changing the sensor because they don’t think that’s where the problem lies. At 40 quid it’s cheap enough to take a chance but if that doesn’t solve the problem then you are probably looking at a new dpf. Has the wiring been checked? Has the car had a motorway run every 250 miles or so to enable regeneration to take place?

·
Registered
387 Posts
P0473 is an electrical fault. Eg ecu likely getting no signal . Do you get the same error code with it unplgged and running.

Normally 3 pins. Ground, 5v and signal. Try Measure supply voltage with multimeter at sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May be garages areńt keen on changing the sensor because they don’t think that’s where the problem lies. At 40 quid it’s cheap enough to take a chance but if that doesn’t solve the problem then you are probably looking at a new dpf. Has the wiring been checked? Has the car had a motorway run every 250 miles or so to enable regeneration to take place?

It was the first garage who said it was a sensor issue so I don't know what to think. It hasn't had decent motorway runs, (I've advised her to get rid once everything is sorted and get a small petrol car because she's not doing the miles/style of driving to justify it) but it has had a complete DPF chemical flush and clean so that should all be ok now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P0473 is an electrical fault. Eg ecu likely getting no signal . Do you get the same error code with it unplgged and running.

Normally 3 pins. Ground, 5v and signal. Try Measure supply voltage with multimeter at sensor.
Yeah I'll give that a go - I have ordered a replacement sensor which is due to be delivered tomorrow but I read online that it needs adapting once it's been fitted. I don't have the software to do that hence why I wondered if anyone has one who'd be able to help :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
once its fitted if the engine light is still on, give your breakdown company a ring and see if they can do the necessary adjustment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts