Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a dealer on the internet selling original kia parts. its kiapartsdirect.co.uk. they claim they are shipping internationally, just wandered if anyone has any kind of experience or dealt with them before? is it a genuine parts dealer?
I do not mean to damage the reputation of this website/dealer, just that i want to make sure they are genuine serious people who mean business, because lately there have been extremely suspicious sites claiming to sell genuine kia parts, So forgive me if I am being a bit sceptical here.
So any reviews from people who bought from them are most welcome.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
They look ok to me. The post code lands you slap bang on top of Fish Brothers, the Kia dealer in Swindon.

Fish Brothers<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb74, 74, 74; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; text-trans: capitalize; ">Great Western Way<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb74, 74, 74; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; text-trans: capitalize; ">Swindon<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb74, 74, 74; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; text-trans: capitalize; ">SN5 7YQ<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb74, 74, 74; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; text-trans: capitalize; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; color: rgb74, 74, 74; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; text-trans: capitalize; "><strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; ">Phone:[/b]0845 1264810

·
Registered
536 Posts
Humm. Don't know. From other official dealers I've looked at on the net they all seam to use a standard template from Kia for there site hosting. I would say that they are using a site of there own to sell parts direct to customers at a high discount rate. Make it simple....ring them and ask for a price for a part...then compare it to there price on the net. I would be more worried that they are selling them at a silly low price and are booking parts to the retail customers cars under warranty parts....then selling them on without the owners knowlage

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
RichieD76 said:
Humm. Don't know. From other official dealers I've looked at on the net they all seam to use a standard template from Kia for there site hosting. I would say that they are using a site of there own to sell parts direct to customers at a high discount rate. Make it simple....ring them and ask for a price for a part...then compare it to there price on the net. I would be more worried that they are selling them at a silly low price and are booking parts to the retail customers cars under warranty parts....then selling them on without the owners knowlage

Having worked in the motor trade I know what mark ups are charged on parts. The Fishy Brothers (if that's who they are) can easily sell at a discount and still make a profit without having to resort to anything remotely dodgy. There are other franchised dealers selling genuine Kia parts at discount prices on the web.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh no, totally agree and it's more likely than not they grabbed a brilliant web domain to sell products they already sell in the first place. It's just people prefure clarity and sometimes using another trading name, run in tandem can stir up suspicion. Let's face it if you went on a site called www.supercheapDVDplayers.co.uk and the given postcode points ontop of Currys....you'ld think someone's pulling a fast one.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Fish Brothers have a sister site called peugeotpartsdirect.co.uk based at the same address.

If you look at postcode SN5 7YQ on Google maps, as I did, you can see Peugeot Parts Direct as a label directly on top of their garage premises.

I do agree though, it's always better to err on the side of caution when dealing with the internet.

·
Registered
536 Posts
And not forgetting fish brothers Honda a couple of hundred mtrs to the north! If it was me,i'ld ask for a price match at my local dealer. That way, no postage, no waiting and you know who your buying from.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
It's always worth asking for a discount. I've had as much as 50% off.

They can only say no... and you can go elsewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have contacted them on this website via email and someone very helpfull named richard brett replied to my email. i checked the email add. and it ends with fish-bros.co.uk
checked out their website and they are listed as accredited dealer for the kia. and they seem legit to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts